Search results

1. Bsperr

Back-to-back vanity DWV

We remodeled our master bath a while back and I'm working on the guest bath now. When we did our master bath, I didn't realize that the vanities in the two bathrooms would end up back-to-back, or else I might have done it differently. In the picture, you can see the back side of the master bath...
  2. Bsperr

Rinnai code 14 help

I hope that someone can help me with this problem, because it's extremely annoying. I have a Rinnai RC98hpe natural gas, condensing tankless unit that is heating water for our 1500sf, two bath home. I bought it off Ebay for a steal (looks like a customer return that was never put in service)...
  3. Bsperr

back to back bathroom waste piping

We're redoing our master bath, and I want to make sure my waste/vent piping plan is correct. The master bath is back to back with the guest bath. I have a tall crawl space underneath the bathrooms, so I have plenty of room to work with. I'm planning a vertical wet vent with the lav in the...
  4. Bsperr

Do tubular PVC slip joints loosen over time?

It's been around a year since I re-plumbed the trap for our kitchen sink with tubular PVC, and I found a large puddle of water in our sink base cabinet a few days ago. When I checked the fittings that make up the trap, I was surprised to find that the connection to the sink strainer and several...
  5. Bsperr

Rinnai R94LSI or Rheem RTGH-95DVN?

I'm trying to pick out a tankless for a three bath home, and I've narrowed it down to these two models. Does anyone have any experience with either one or can make a recommendation? I can get them for around the same price, and I'm kind of leaning towards the Rheem since its condensing. But...
  6. Bsperr

double bath DWV

I'm trying to figure out the most efficient DWV for our back-to-back bathrooms. We're under IPC 2006. Does this iso look correct? I would be using a double fixture fitting for the back-to-back lavs. Can I take a common vent for both toilets off a wye between them? Would the bathtub be...
  7. Bsperr

Copper air test questions

I finished soldering the supply lines for my kitchen, laundry room, and utility sink, and I am running an air test to see if there are any leaks. I figured I'd do an air test rather than just hooking up the water because I might have a better chance of getting a bad joint to take new solder if...
  8. Bsperr

PVC joint not square, will it leak?

I just glued up the branch drain from my washing machine into the main drain underneath my house. I came down from the washing machine with a 45 degree offset into a Wye on the end of my main drain. The pipe from the washing machine would have sat square in the hub of the wye if the wye were...
  9. Bsperr

Washer stand pipe, trap, and drain within one stud bay

I'm re-plumbing our washing machine and am planning to use a sioux chief ox-box in the configuration shown in the picture. It's a 2*4 wall with studs placed 16" on center (so around 14 1/2" space between the studs). The instructions to the washing machine box say that everything should fit...
  10. Bsperr

Kitchen peninsula venting

Sorry for the lousy drawing, but I'm trying to figure out the best way to vent a sink for a kitchen remodel. I'll be building a peninsula counter top between my kitchen and den that will consist of a 2' partition and a 5' 8" pony wall with a 42" high bar top. The first pic is a simplified...
  11. Bsperr

Stubborn malleable iron plug

I'm trying to remove a 3/4" malleable iron plug, but it's really stuck. The pipe dope is probably over 30 years old and is like concrete. I put an 18" wrench on it, but it didn't budge. I also sprayed in a little PB Blaster, but that didn't help. I didn't push it too hard though, because I...
  12. Bsperr

Bathroom DWV

I was hoping to get some feed back on a proposed bathroom layout and DWV. I've attached a sketch of the layout and an iso (you may have to rotate it to get the best view). Hopefully, it's not too much of a mess. The scale is not very good, but I just wanted to give you a rough idea...
  13. Bsperr

leaking joint?

I recently soldered in a tee to my 3/4 copper line to install an expansion tank to go along with a PRV. The joint looks filled, but there is not a bead of solder along the outside of the joint. I've been checking periodically for leaks, and every couple days I see a minute trace of water at...
  14. Bsperr

T&P drain

I need to replace the T&P valve on my water heater and am wondering about how to connect the drain. The valve is currently hard piped into a 3/4 copper drain leading outside. When I replace the valve, would it be OK to connect to the existing drain with a flexible braided supply line, or would...
  15. Bsperr

PRV installation questions

I've really enjoyed reading the threads and learning more about plumbing. I'm planning my first real plumbing job that will require permitting and inspection and wanted to run a couple questions by you guys. I'm going to install a PRV and expansion tank in our (old) new home. It's never had a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks