Search results

1. Lancejackson

Toilet mystery - help solve please

Thanks guys, you were both right. It was the flapper - I replaced it and it's fine now. And yes I do use chlorine tablets in the toilet. I would prefer to replace the flapper every couple years rather than have germ-infested water splashing on my a** every now and then and misting (can't think...
  2. Lancejackson

Thank Redwood, But how is the water in the bowl slowly going down? And would a 2 yr old toilet really need a new flapper? Seems odd it would need replacement so soon. Also, I can't see any water trickling into the bowl from the tank. Wouldn't it be easy to see water going into the bowl if the...
  3. Lancejackson

Hi, I have a 2 year old Toto Drake that was installed by a professional plumber. Two weeks ago it got clogged - not sure why - maybe too much toilet paper - I don't have any kids who could have thrown anything in. I used Drano Max Gel which didn't work. The plunger worked. Now it seems...
  4. Lancejackson

American Standard Cadet 3 Three Toilet consumer product review

still splashing I replaced my splashing Cadet 3 yesterday with a new toto drake (elongated 2 piece). Believe it or not, it also splashes. I just do not understand what is causing this to happen. I am either the unluckiest guy in the world or I notice what others do not.
  5. Lancejackson

Achutch - thanks a lot for all your trouble. You certainly go the distance. My cadet 3 definitely splashes - no doubt about it. wish there were something i could do other than replacing it - such a pain in the ass. the seat I have that doesn't fit came with the toilet. I'm going to have to...
  6. Lancejackson

Thanks again for your replies. Call me skeptical but I would bet that if you did a bit of a test you would find otherwise. The flush is so powerful that it simply has to splash and I do not believe that this problem can be limited to a few cadet 3s. Or perhaps the shape of the bowl does make...
  7. Lancejackson

Thanks to all for your responses. I'm sure it is a more common problem than people realize.
  8. Lancejackson

That's crazy. I don't understand how that's normal?? By the way - I said it splashes onto the seat - on top of the seat - not under the seat. But it's a short distance to go from the bottom to the top of the seat. Do all toilets do this? Is there any reasonably priced one that doesn't splash?
  9. Lancejackson

Problems With My A.s. Cadet 3 HI, I read your positive reviews of the Cadet 3, but I had one (cadet 3 elongated right height) installed in my condo a week ago by a plumber. I am very disappointed with it for 2 reasons: 1) About 3 out of 4 times, when I flush, a few drops of water from the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks