Search results

1. tviapiano

Tempering valve selection

Ok, two more questions regarding this project: 1.) The tankless coil appears to have been plumbed in backward: i.e. the clearly labled "out" fitting is connected to the cold water suply and the clearly labeled "in" fitting is supplying the DHW. Since I am going to be changing the piping to...
  2. tviapiano

Thank you for your replies Plumbworker and Peter. I really appreciate your help.
  3. tviapiano

Hello. I have a WM Gold Oil boiler that provides forced hot water baseboard heat and DHW. Recently, we removed an eletric HW heater that was in series with the output from the boiler tankless coil that was being used as a storage tank only - it was not wired to an AC source. The HW heater...
  4. tviapiano

Hot water issues

I don't know.. I'm still waiting for closure on: https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13864 :)
  5. tviapiano

Sewage pipe relocation question

Update A plumber friend of my Dad was going to do the work, but he is ending up being very busy with other jobs. I don't know any local plumbers, so, I found a plumber on renovationexperts.com that responded to my inquiry about doing this job. He came by the house last Friday to take a...
  6. tviapiano

More info Thanks again to all that replied. There have been a lot of comments back and forth about how much a DIY'er should get involved with large projects, when to call a professional, etc. I have been reading all of them and taking it all in. I think an important factor that has been...
  7. tviapiano

Thanks Gary. Yes, from the sewer profile plan I have, the sewer in the street is deep enough. The question is where in the line between my house and the street main is the line deep enough - that will be where the pipe is replaced up to. The house was built in the 1960's, and I have a copy...
  8. tviapiano

Thank you to all that replied. To answers everyones' questions/comments: Jimbo: Thanks for the Sill explanation. I wasn't even thinking that the sewer plan would reference the Sill in that way, but that makes sense. I thought it was some kind of reference to the elavation of the sewer pipe...
  9. tviapiano

Hello. We are in the process of putting an addition on our house. Unfortunately, the sewer line from our house to the street runs right though the area we want to build on. The sewer line runs out of the back wall of the basement at about chest height, travels around to the side of the house...
  10. tviapiano

How much water stays in the toilet trap?

Maybe swimming pool antifreeze? Maybe swimming pool antifreeze would be even safer, since it is meant to be drained out of the pool lines into the pool when it is opened in the spring?
  11. tviapiano

PEX and spray polyurethane foam...

Ask DOW Try sending a message to DOW with your question: http://greatstuff.dow.com/ Go to "Contact Us" and there is a form you can fill out and ask a question. I recently submitted a question asking if it was recommended to use greatstuff to fill the gaps in hydronic heat pipe...
  12. tviapiano

Oil burner delayed flame ignition

Thanks again for the great info Joe and vaplumber. That's great info: I have the service notes from the past several years, and yes the different stats look similar year to year, but it's really helpful to have a pro comment on what the stats should be. Is the stack temp the actual...
  13. tviapiano

Aquastat not breaking on high set point

More info on boiler Hi again. I have more information about this heating system now. The more I look into it, the more problems I find. Sorry for the length of this post, but there is a lot of information I wanted to convey. I was at the house yesterday to change the boiler fill shut off...
  14. tviapiano

Thanks for the great info Joe and vaplumber. The unit does not seem to make any loud noises when there is a delayed ignition, but it does sometimes produce an odor (oil-like) that lasts a few seconds... almost like a puff of smoke, but it does not seem to be visible. I have never had to...
  15. tviapiano

Thanks for the info Jim. To answer your points: When I said the temp gauge was over 200 deg F, I meant it was well over it, like around 210-215. The boiler at my house is setup very similarly, and the HI point it set at 190. When the boiler temp gets up to 190, the burner shuts off. Unlike...
  16. tviapiano

Hi. Ever since my annual inspection/cleaning by my oil company a few weeks ago, my WM oil-fired boiler sometimes has a delayed flame ignition. I can hear the oil pump/blower start, the power assist blower on the smoke stack start, but the flame can take between 1 and 10 seconds to come on. It...
  17. tviapiano

Hi there. I have read some great postings here and I have learned a lot from everyone's questions and answers. My mother-in-law has a WM oil-fired boiler, forced hot water and tankless domestic hot water. About a year ago, she started hearing banging coming from the heating system sometimes...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks