Search results

1. R

Plasterboard walls

What I'm NOT looking to do is remodel a room and the rest of the house and then "flip it" and sell it to some unsuspecting moron who later would find out all the work is done crappy. What I AM looking to do is get a bedroom finished quickly and cheaply so that while I'm renovating the rest of...
  2. R

Plasterboard walls

Thanks Mikey. This past weekend I actually had my father (a contractor for over 30 years) come and look at the room while he was doing some plumbing work for a new washer and dryer. He said that behind the plasterboard is a product called UFFI which is what we pulled out of the walls in...
  3. R

Plasterboard walls

http://www.cottageliving.com/cottage/da/enlarge/0,24903,781320,00.html It looks fine in this room linked above and that's kinda the look we're going for.... a cottage look
  4. R

Plasterboard walls

Hey everyone! We're in the process of renovating a vacation cottage. It's an older home which we'll use primarily in the summer. We've spent months renovating the bathroom on weekends and are FINALLY ready to finish up the bedrooms and move quickly so we can at least get some beds in...
  5. R

Worried about toilet installation

We have a cottage that we bought in January. It's in bad shape and we're starting the remodeling in the bathroom. We're looking to get everything up and running quickly. I'm going to install laminate flooring over the vinyl that is currently on the floor. Laminate will go down quick and...
  6. R

Laminate Floor in Bathroom

That product was something called Edge Flooring. Lowes used to sell something by the company and called it Edge Precision. It was crap and cracked on a ton of people (the stuff at Lowes anyway). It was actual ceramic tile set onto a snap together backer board. I believe now the company has...
  7. R

Thanks everyone for the responses. What I'm looking for in particular is a laminate floor we can use in the bathroom. Many aren't recommended but with the proper installation and sealing around the edges, etc. can actually perform well in the bathroom.
  8. R

Hey everyone! Great site by the way. My girlfriend and I just bought a cottage that's in need of some work.... you'll be seeing a lot more of me around here. We're starting in the bathroom and I need to get it done QUICKLY... like in a weekend quick. I need to put down new flooring...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks