Search results

1. TorontoTim

Connect 1/4" NPT to standard supply shut-off

For my off grid cabin, I'd like to plumb in a water pressure gauge in the cabin to display the current pressure in the system, so I know roughly when it's time to run the lake water intake pump to fill my pressure tanks. Would be nice to know before jumping in the shower that I'm going to run...
  2. TorontoTim

Moving a 3 piece bathroom - drain and vent plan

I'm about to do the rough-in drains for a 3 piece bath I'm relocating at a cabin. It drains into a septic system. The 'old' bathroom is the one on the long back wall of the cabin. The 'new' bathroom is on the short side wall. Once the new one is up and running I will disconnect the drains...
  3. TorontoTim

Mortar under shower pan - new question

There have of course been many discussions about mortar, Structolite, expanding foam, roofing felt and other sorts of product used under tubs and shower pans. My question isn't about whether to do this or not, but rather if I chose to, could I in my situation. I'm doing a 3 piece bathroom at...
  4. TorontoTim

Moving bathroom in cottage - verify venting plan

I need to relocate a bathroom in a small 800 sq ft cottage. Currently it is between the kitchen sink and main vent stack, and then the drain continues to drain into the septic system. It will be located off to the side, as per the diagrams attached. I can leave the vent stack in place, and...
  5. TorontoTim

TOTO Entrada, CST244EF, CST243EF Review and comments

I'm in the market for a new, 'comfort height' elongated bowl, 1.3 gallon per flush or better toilet for a cottage I just bought. Water supply is intermittent as the cottage is off-grid, so I currently fire up the generator to run the jet pump with lake-intake water (this will be resolved with a...
  6. TorontoTim

Total and complete mystery - suddenly NO water out of hot supply to tub

I re-did my bathroom about 5 years back, and the kitchen immediately below the bathroom 2 years ago. Everything has been fine for years. Good pressure both hot and cold. My tub is a clawfoot with a newer Porcher tub filler. 2 Dahl mini-ball finishing valves are stubbed out from the wall for...
  7. TorontoTim

Nice looking lavatory / toilet supply valves

I'm putting in the toilet and console sink in my powder room, and all the fixtures are polished nickel as per the wife's request ;) It is a console sink, with polished nickel legs etc, and while I've had no trouble finding a polished nickel P trap for the sink, finding nice looking shutoff...
  8. TorontoTim

Basement bath rough-in help needed

While I plan on hiring a licensed plumber to do this work, I'd like to make sure I understand the requirements as well, to ensure the job only needs to get done once :) I have an existing basement bathroom which I need to tear into, to have some broken clay drain pipe repaired. Had the drain...
  9. TorontoTim

Basement bath rough-in help needed

While I plan on hiring a licensed plumber to do this work, I'd like to make sure I understand the requirements as well, to ensure the job only needs to get done once :) I have an existing basement bathroom which I need to tear into, to have some broken clay drain pipe repaired. Had the drain...
  10. TorontoTim

Why a tub spout in a dedicated shower?

I've noticed in some showers, people have elected to install a tub spout near the floor, using a typical tub/shower valve kit. Any reason for this vs. a dedicated shower valve kit? Do people do it to get water up to temp and get into the shower before turning on the spray? Use it for...
  11. TorontoTim

Looking for supply line connectors for my tub filler

Hey all - I'm putting a Porcher Reprise deck-mounted tub filler in my bathroom, and have not been able to find the right sized flexible line to connect to my shutoff. The Porcher faucet has large, 1" threaded connection points for the lines. Looking at the big orange box store, I haven't...
  12. TorontoTim

Need advice on a tool

Finally got my drain connected, and low and behold, I have the tiniest of leaks around my shower drain housing. It sits in a bead of caulking, and is tightened to the shower pan with a large threaded 'nut' that then presses on a fibre washer and thin foam gasket from below (which doesn't serve...
  13. TorontoTim

Dumb problem - would like to avoid opening ceiling

In my bath reno, we installed a Kohler Memoirs corner acrylic shower pan/walls/door. The drain for the pan calls for about 1 1/4" of ABS to come up inside the metal drain housing, and then a grey gasket cylinder gets pushed down between the ABS and the metal drain. No silicone etc. Just a...
  14. TorontoTim

Installed new low voltage recessed lights - now switch hums

So I'm doing a complete gut-job reno on the bathroom (or rather I'm paying large sums of money to various professionals to do it). Previously there were 4 line-voltage 6" recessed lights. I had these switched over to 6 low-voltage 3.5" recessed lights. They are in IC boxes, all made in...
  15. TorontoTim

Bit of trouble - splice wire in exterior conduit LB?

I had a new dedicated 15A circuit ran from my basement panel all the way up to the 2nd floor bathroom at the opposite end of the house. It was done in exterior conduit as the house is 80 years old and solid brick. No real option for pulling the line inside without major drywall repairs. It...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks