Search results

1. S

Laying Up Water Softner

We will be gone for more than a year from our home in Arizona. I want to lay up the water softner so it does not continue to process water until we return. I will obviously go to bypass on the water supply, but do I need to turn off the electronic controller? I will loose all my settings if I do.
  2. S

Goulds J5SH - Did I Ruin It?

That is good information. Interestingly, this pump is set from the factory at 30# on, 50# off. Someone before me increased the pressure and the on is 43#, off 63#. It builds to 63# without excessive running so I have to assume the pump and diffusser are in pretty good shape. Wish I had...
  3. S

To bad I didn't know what that diaphram was for last week. $30 for a replacement with the rubber base seal. All back together now and running perfectly, with the same pressures - no change there. The supply is from a well fed 500 gallon storage tank right next to the jet pump, which is full...
  4. S

I just looked carefully again at the inlet and hub and there does not appear to be an issue. Wouldn't I be able to see something?
  5. S

I went a little farther. I pulled the pump and benched it. Broke the motor off the pump, which was easy, and inspected everything. The nozzle was totally clear. The impeller and diffuser were both in perfect shape. The only abnormality I could see was a little bellowing of the diaphram, but...
  6. S

Okay, lots of views but no help. How about just this, which could eliminate one possibility before I start throwing parts at the pump? There is a brass plug in the end of the pump case. The exploded parts breakdown of the J5SH shows a "Nozzle" located behind this plug...
  7. S

I have a Goulds J5SH 1/2 hp jet pump sitting at the base of a 500 gal storage tank which is filled by a submersible pump from the well. It is connected only to irrigation. We were out of town with some freezing weather expected so I shut down both pumps and bled the lines from the pump shed to...
  8. S

Blending Old and New Texture

It took a lot of thinning of the texture (pre-mixed) and playing with the air pressure and nozzle size, but i was definitely successful in blending the light orange peel between the old and new wallboard. You can still slightly see the difference if you inspect up close, but with a fresh coat...
  9. S

Well, I am going to find out tomorrow. I have the pantry, which was expanded by consuming an adjoining bathroom, ready to shoot as soon as I primer it today. I skimmed some additional finish mud out a couple of feet and taper sanded that to the new wallboard for a wide blending area. Now...
  10. S

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I get the waving, but what's a british thing????
  11. S

I am remodeling several rooms in my house. About 30% of the sheetrock has been removed and the walls and doorways reconfigured. The rooms were originally spray textured a light orange peel, then latex painted. As I tape and mud the seams from old work to new, I am wondering how successful I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks