Search results

1. P

Sump Basin

It's not really silt /sand but as best as I can describe a slime or some type of algae which is rust colored. It is slippery where it is frequently near water and where the water has not touched for some time it hardens a bit. Over time it appears as though it getting worse. Hope that helps...
  2. P

Sump Basin

I need some help with a mysterious brown slime/sludge that is adhering to the sides of my sump basin. Sorry for the lack of inforamtion but that's the best way I can describe what it is. Any idea what this is and how I can do away with it ??? Thanks !
  3. P

Sump Question

Thanks for your suggestions which I will try this evening. I did dig down over 36 inches and it was still just sand/mud so I expect it should not be necessary to check any further for a bottom. I guess though what I am trying to understand and learn more about is what is the reason for some...
  4. P

Sump Question

A bit of background information: I live in an area that has a higher than usual water table. The ground surrounding my home is properly graded and the downspouts from all the gutters drain with pvc pipe out to the street. I have a sump pit which is aprox 14 in wide and 30 inches deep...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks