Search results

1. N

Digital Thermostat Question

... I know the feeling :confused:. I have not seen one of those, but residential tstats come out with a new model each year and box stores can buy brands I have never heard of. Some weeks it is pure guess work on opening tstats :o Good luck
  2. N

Digital Thermostat Question

hint look for a screw driver blade size slot, that helps me to find the 'pressure point'.
  3. N

Help me understand 2 stage furnace?

Nate R, The lack of description of the 'rules' for shifting to high speed maybe due to changes in software after the manual was written. Or someone may have decided that by not publishing the "rules" there will be fewer warranty calls on the subject. Carrier has some "based on it's algorytm"...
  4. N

Rust at AC line connection to coil

E Coils Evaporator coils are made of soft metals that conduct heat well. Aluminum, Copper need steel plates to hold it all in place. Most often the steel will rust first and then corrode the copper later. It could be several years before it leaks refrigerant, or yesterday :eek: If the rust...
  5. N

Dryer vent question

Vent ? Is the vent cap the type with small holes to keep bugs out and DRYER LINT IN??:eek: When you vent to a gable, pick one without a condensing unit nearby. Those critters suckup everything that can clog the coils.
  6. N

Connecting “Flex Duct†to a heater

duct some codes/install instructions require the flex duct to be kept 4 inches away from ANYTHING that reaches 250 degrees F. The outlet of a gas furnace is often limited to 160-180. However, a short plenmum will move the duct(s) further away from the radiant heat of a heater and improve air...
  7. N

Is this a pigtail?

I am not a boiler guy, but I like the loop because something is always going to vibrate or move and a little flexability is good.
  8. N

HVAC Design -- returns necessary on each floor?

many happy returns A single return in a two story house can work well as long as the doors are kept open between floors. To prevent stratification of air in the rooms, do not buy the cheap stamped metal supply grills. Because you have only one return you will not be able to use the return...
  9. N

lineset installed below concrete & motorized dampers

Under slab line set You do not want the vapor line to be shaped like a long deep 'p'-trap. If the velocity of the refrigerant a little slow, the compressor oil could pool in the line and not return to the compressor to prevent bearing failure. Otherwise, the above accumilator/seliniod...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks