Search results

1. Annap_mike

Low well water flow

Not sure what I did. But it appears at least for now problem is solved. What I did do- the water flow was very very low. I decided to turn off the main valve, leave 2 faucets open and open the 2 cleanouts installed at 2 different points on the piping. one cleanout is under the steps just past...
  2. Annap_mike

Low well water flow

I have backwashed the filter several times and by passed and still poor water flow.. I am about ready to move- if only I could.
  3. Annap_mike

Low well water flow

Here are pictures of the setup inas much details as I could give. Help!
  4. Annap_mike

Low well water flow

If one of my two free standing whole house filters is clogged? how can I tell? and how Can I Solve?
  5. Annap_mike

Low well water flow

I have had several different water anaylsis done. That is why there is both an iron and a sediment filter. Both tested quite high. Untreated water is very red. The cartridge filter would clog quite quickly.But when I added the whole house filters he removed the cartridge filter.( When it was...
  6. Annap_mike

Low well water flow

No I haven't done that. I have manually regenerated or backwashed them both just to make sure they were working properly but have not bypassed one or the other.
  7. Annap_mike

Low well water flow

They are whole house filters. The cartridge type was becoming clogged once or twice a week. The whole house system are two large blue free standing filters. one for iron and the other for sediment. Installed in March 2008.
  8. Annap_mike

Low well water flow

Thanks for the input. My best guess is that the water is probably being treated correctly. But where the water enters the house to the tank is not where the iron and sediment filters are. The tank is under the steps in a crawl space, therefore the clog or buildup in my best guess is from the...
  9. Annap_mike

Low well water flow

We have lived in this house since 2001. The well water has easily been the biggest cause of headaches and frustration... not to mention money spent. New pump, tanks, filters, whole house iron and sediement filters, cleaning out the pipes from the pump to the whole house filter. But regardless...
  10. Annap_mike

2 tanks/pressue switch

The pressure is now about 36-50 -I preferred the higher settings but his reasoning was it will save a bit of water at the lower settings. It seems multiple showers/baths in a row are what cause the the pressure to drop to zero. My wife did 2 loads of laundry to day and all was fine but the...
  11. Annap_mike

2 tanks/pressue switch

It is a brand new pump just installed this week. Not sure I really needed the new pump since one of the other problems turned out to be an exposed wire touching the ground wire at the well head. see my original post. It is Myers 4" submerisible pump. Ok- new settings tanks around 30psi...
  12. Annap_mike

2 tanks/pressue switch

if the tanks pressure are already below the cut-on point then what is causing this pressure drop to zero and having to re- set the pressure via the lever on the low-pressure switch. We are putting back on a normal pressure switch shortly. but if that solves it why would the pressure be...
  13. Annap_mike

2 tanks/pressue switch

I have been asking questions under the possibility that I would need to remove air from one or both tanks to get thepressure in the tanks to fall below the pump cut- on point of 45psi. What if the pressure in the tanks is such that one or both are 10psi or more below the pump- cut -in...
  14. Annap_mike

2 tanks/pressue switch

Thanks will do so this evening after work, and baseball practice etc....
  15. Annap_mike

2 tanks/pressue switch

I believe my well is in good shape( besides the high iron/sediment content). When we pull the pump- you can see the high water line is at least 20 feet above the pump. My well is about 50 ft Not sure why a low pressure switch was put on. I don't think the old switch was low pressure as i do...
  16. Annap_mike

2 tanks/pressue switch

It is a lightning/surge arrester. Came with the warranty.
  17. Annap_mike

2 tanks/pressue switch

Thank you. I will try tomorrow and keep my fingers crossed. Someone earlier had mentioned doing away with the low pressure switch and getting a normal pressure switch. Would that solve the problem or just delay having to adjust the pressue in the tanks?
  18. Annap_mike

2 tanks/pressue switch

I was watching the pressure gauge as my kids were taking a shower and it dropped to 40 then 30 then went all the way down to zero. I tried to pull up the brass lever a few times, eventually after a few minutes it went up to 40 and then all the way back up to 65psi which is where it is now...
  19. Annap_mike

2 tanks/pressue switch

I suppose I need to check to make sure the switch settings are as my plumber indicated. I guess it is pretty obvious the high is 64 or 65psi as that is what the gauge reads at it's highest. To read the low I suppose I just run water until pressure drops to the point where the pump kicks on...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks