Search results

1. Eudmin

Old Sibley toilet, flange question

Gary, I think you missed my last message. I fit a Drake in to the 9" rough-in spot. It was 9" plus a smidge. I complained that installing a Drake in a 12 inch rough leaves a mile of space behind it, so I just tried it for this small spot and it fit.
  2. Eudmin

Old Sibley toilet, flange question

Sorry. I totally would have, but I don't think the tank itself was the original. It was a normal tank from a toilet that the previous owners adapted to be a wall-mount by drilling holes in the back. Then they put 2" PVC from the tank drain about 4 feet down the wall to an elbow that connected...
  3. Eudmin

dried leaves smell in my hot water

When I run the hot water I swear I can smell something that's kind of like the smell/taste you get when you're raking leaves. I'm pretty sure this is just hot water, not cold. A search here turned up references to sulfur smells having to do with bacterial infections, but this doesn't smell...
  4. Eudmin

kitchen faucet suggestion

Ah, I see. That explains what's happening on my shower when I use the little button valve on the showerhead to shut it off while soaping up. When I turn it back on it's hot as heck. How do commercial kitchen sprayers do it, then? Do they have some kind of built-in backflow preventers? I...
  5. Eudmin

kitchen faucet suggestion

kitchen faucet suggestion? I'm looking to get rid of the old faucet with side-spray that's in my kitchen and replace it with one that has a pullout faucet. We do occasionally use the side-spray to rinse dishes after washing them, but I never liked how you had to have the water running to get...
  6. Eudmin

Terry, you ship outside NW?

Do you ship Toto's outside the NW area where you're located? Your shopping cart implies that the only delivery options are kind of local to you. I've been ordering porcelain from wherever online, but if you shipped cross country would buy from you. Posting here instead of emailing because...
  7. Eudmin

American Standard bashing unfair?

In reading some of Ian's Cadet 3 posts someone referred to American Standard as something like "Central American Standard" because it's made in Mexico. Well I just installed a Toto Drake last night. The bowl was made in China, the tank was made in Mexico, and the seat was made in Canada...
  8. Eudmin

Ian Gills and his Cadet 3

Ian, Sorry, I'm not getting a Cadet 3. The Drake went in just fine. 10-3/4" Drake install!! The tank screwed down on the bowl nice and snug and actually comes within a hair of touching the back wall. I may have a hopeless condensation problem if that occurs, but I'll deal with that if it...
  9. Eudmin

Leveling material for toilet

I leveled the toilet that I installed with some coins and then filled in the gaps along the bottom with some epoxy-based sanded grout. It's a slate tile floor, so it already had a bunch of sanded grout. It was pretty easy to get a nice clean line of grout by washing it with vinegar water. My...
  10. Eudmin

I went to a local high-quality fixture store just to look today. I know it's not theoretically possible to get the Drake into my small space, but I just want to try it out. They had boxes with Drakes just sitting there and they also had Cadet 3 bowls with the 12" tank, but no 10" tanks. I...
  11. Eudmin

The weird plumbing is fairly recent, you're right. We bought the place from some artists, complete with walls painted with chalkboard paint, a cupboard made from a salvaged crisper door from an old fridge, a mailbox which is a model of the house in miniature, and a ceiling made of red...
  12. Eudmin

Did some more research, and I actually did find a part number for the combo of round front bowl and 10" tank. The A/S part number is 2384.010. There are a couple of supply places where you can get a spec sheet that shows the tank I mentioned with the bowl I mentioned. Looks like I couldn't...
  13. Eudmin

extra long toilet supply line?

great, that sounds like a winner! Thanks
  14. Eudmin

extra long toilet supply line?

Another challenge with replacing my basement toilet (aside from the 10-5/8 rough-in and the french drain between it and the wall) is that the toilet supply was installed about 4 feet up in the wall. They had an elevated tank toilet in there initially. Do they make those 3/8" to 7/8" toilet...
  15. Eudmin

Yep, it does refer to the bottom of the bowl, but it seems that these Cadet 3 toilets have 3 different tanks with the tank gasket and bolts at 3 different spots which allows you to set the the entire thing either 10, 12, or 14 inches from the wall. So give up the part numbers for the...
  16. Eudmin

Egads - Leaky Toilet!

you sure someone doesn't just walk in their sleep and have poor aim?
  17. Eudmin

Egads - Leaky Toilet!

Haha, leave them both filled, put yellow food coloring in the tank, blue in the bowl, and let it sit. If it's leaking from the bowl, you get blue on the floor, from the tank you get yellow on the floor, from both you get green on the floor.
  18. Eudmin

Egads - Leaky Toilet!

You say the tank bolts are dry. Otherwise maybe you tightened them too hard and gave yourself a hairline crack in the tank. I did that before. But the leaks can be weird. My bolts were dry when I had the hairline crack in the tank. The water came out kind of along the tank and ran down the...
  19. Eudmin

For you Cadet 3 lovers... is it possible to put the 10" rough-in tank (4019.016) onto the round front bowl (3011.016) for a really tight space toilet or does that not work? They aren't sold together as a kit, that I can see. Normally the 10" tank seems to come with the elongated bowl so I...
  20. Eudmin

closet flange options, old cast iron

Been reading more of the forum here and searching on cast iron closet flanges. Seems like the old style of a closet flange had these cutouts for the bolts instead of the slots. Sounds like the right thing to do is to call a plumber to come with a chisel and a lead-melter to reinstall a new...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks