Search results

1. estone

proper breaker and wire size for gas furnace

I had a Heil gas furnace installed that will be primarily used for a/c but it does have a heat too, Model N8MSN0701716A1. I installed the electrical with a 20 amp breaker/ 12-2 wire as per HVAC installer instructions. After searching online electrical data it calls for a 15amp breaker/14-2...
  2. estone

hooking hot water heat thermostat to furnace in attic

I currently have hot water baseboard heat with two thermostats, one for the bedrooms zone and one for living room/kitchen zone. I elected to have the HVAC guy put a standard furnace in the attic when we put in A/C so that we could run heat from it too, plus it was only about 100 more plus...
  3. estone

Help w/replacement standing pilot valve

I have a Honeywell standing pilot gas valve for a 1991 Burnham boiler. It needs to be replaced because it isn't fully closing and I would like to save some $$ by ordering the part online adn replacing it myself. The current valve is #VR8300C4126 Honeywell obviously doesn't make this one...
  4. estone

Calcium deposits

We use our well for outside use only. We have city water for our house. I've noticed alot of calcium buildup on our shower fixtures(which are new). It also builds up on our water dispenser tray on our fridge. I assume it is calcium? White deposits. Is there a way to filter this out as it...
  5. estone

Well over winter

We only use our well for outside watering. So I drain the system in the winter and the pump/motor sits all winter without use. Is this damaging to the pump or motor in any way? I just know if you let a car sit for long periods of time it can be hard on it. Should I be running the pump once...
  6. estone

cartridge circulator

I have a three zone system that I am in the process of replacing a Honeywell zone valve motor on one of zones(living room). I have had to wait for the part to come in. I tapped on the zone valve initially and the motor started working for a couple more days and then quit again. Now I have...
  7. estone

Variable speed or std. air handler?

Our 2100 sqft. ranch style home has hot water baseboard heat. We are looking at putting an air handler in our attic to add a/c. I have the opportunity to get a new "York" air handler for $225, I think it is around a $1000 unit new?. It is a standard 5-speed multipose. I've read about...
  8. estone

Well recovery rate

You all have helped me a ton on this well already and I think I've about got it fine tuned. But I had a question about well recovery rates. I have a 1hp pump 10S10-15. Well at 256', pump at 240' and water at 40'. Switch at 40/60. CSV at 55psi. Sprinkler use. I have issues with nearly...
  9. estone

Setting Precharge on Tank

Newbie. Switch at 40/60. New "H20W-to by water works" tank precharged at 38psi. I decided to check the pressure on my pressure tank. It was 58psi. This is all installed stuff mind you. And the pump has filled the tank and stopped at 60. So I let the air out of the tank to set it at 38...
  10. estone

Flow problem

255' well, water at 45 ft. Just put in a new pump and motor: 1hp Grundfos 10S10-15 and 1hp 3W 1P Franklin 230V motor. 44gal tank @38psi and CSV1Z. Switch 40-60. Set up was for a sprinker system mainly. I needed it to push my three Rainbird 3gpm(approx? is that right for this type of...
  11. estone

large particles in filter

I had the casing extended on my well. Most of you probably familiar. New pump, motor, pitless, tank, CSV, etc. Well was probably drilled in the 1960's. So the well is nearly 50yrs old. The water is used primarily for the sprinkler system. So I put a 50 mesh AFI "clear" action...
  12. estone

CSV male threads

I have a brass CSV(CSV1Z,1 1/4") and a brass tank T, 1", both with male threads. I have read never to thread female PVC to male brass. I guess it makes sense because they are leaking and I am having a devil of a time getting them to seal. I've used teflon tape, maybe 5-6 wraps. Two of them...
  13. estone

Extending Well casing

I have a 4in galvanized casing that the well guy wants to cut off below the pitless adapter and add an extention. (The pitless adapter would not budge. He was going to excavate it but I decided to do it by hand to save $$.) Anyway I have it dug down 7ft. to pitless adapter. (I don't know why...
  14. estone

Tank Sizing

I have a 9-10gpm demand from my sprinkler system and may have some low flow situations using the garden hose. (The house is on city water). I am going to install a CSV1Z(probably overkill for my system?), and my pump is at 250 ft, 10gpm pump A while back some of you suggested a 20 gal tank...
  15. estone

Advice:Constant vs Std. system

I am replacing an old 1hp 230v Franklin pump and an old gavanized Monitor pressure tank(50gal or so?), no bladder. Well is 200ft. I'm not sure of static water level, which is really important I know. My needs are that I want to run a sprinker system and water my garden, trees, and flowers...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks