Search results

1. Johnnie_Rocket

AS Compact Cadet 3 EL Install

So it has been over 2 years since I installed this toilet. I was over on ********* and saw a post by Terry Love and recalled that I had posted here on how I installed the Cadet 3 which I think at the time was a new design. Redwood said to post back and let people know how it was holding up...
  2. Johnnie_Rocket

Rough In

I've seen offset flanges in home stores that look like it sets the flange a little further (or closer) to the wall. Can this be a solution? I've used my new Cadet 3 a few more times and still like it but buyers should be aware of a potential for poor china build tolerance.
  3. Johnnie_Rocket

Terry, yes I can see how this poor quality is not time effective for a pro. I know I could have taken it back but the only other bowl the store had could have been just as bad and I needed to get the toilet set. So for a DIY'er it may take longer but I did get it done. But the poor QA on...
  4. Johnnie_Rocket

Install the Tank and You are Done Now that the bowl is down you can clean up the caulk and put a nice bead around the edge. The tank was ready to go from my dry run. I installed it and tightened the bolts little by little, side to side, and it set down on the front and back resting spots...
  5. Johnnie_Rocket

Getting the Flange/Floor Ready Now that you know what you need to do to level the bowl you can prepare the flange and floor to set the bowl. You only want to do this once. I don't think it is recommended to remove the bowl after you have set it into the wax. While the bowl was down on the...
  6. Johnnie_Rocket

Checking out the Floor Now that the fun part is over... I spent some time setting the tiles around the toilet flange to make sure they were level and flat. Other toilets I've set on tile have rocked slightly. I thought this was due to the tile. I heard from others that AS bowls may not be...
  7. Johnnie_Rocket

Seat Install I found this nice seat from Bemis that has a "quick disconnect" feature allowing you to easily remove the seat and clean underneath. It is a nice seat and under 20 bucks. It has these "knobs" you install in the holes and then the seat goes on top on them. So while I could easily...
  8. Johnnie_Rocket

"Dry" Assembly This step is not needed but I read so many posts on how hard it was to get the tank to seat onto the bowl. So I installed them together in the easy space of the hallway. You have to remove the bolts from the rubber seals to get them through the holes in the bottom. On a...
  9. Johnnie_Rocket

What You Need To install this toilet you need the following items as the only thing included in the boxes are the tank with internals, tanks gasket and bolts, and the bowl. - Wax Rings (I used two #1 rings since my tile raised the floor level a bit higher than the flange) - Closet bolts -...
  10. Johnnie_Rocket

My first post here... I used this site as a lurker to research a replacement toilet for a bathroom remodel. I learned a lot so I thought I'd give a little back by posting my experience with the American Standard Compact Cadet 3 Elongated Bowl. I searched quite a bit for info on this model but...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks