Search results

1. solutions

some grounding questions

How is it determined where a circuits first receptacle is,for GFCI protection to all other receptacles downstream on that circuit? If this helps... 9 of the 13 receptacles have a single 2 wire cable going into the box,the other 4 receptacles have 2 , 2 wire cables going into the box. And is...
  2. solutions

Route question,Light question

Thanks all for the great replys much appreciated! Speedy i knew what you meant about crawl space and crazy..lol. just joking about no malice meant. BobNH i had a fairly easy time pulling #10 through the FMC after... Thanks to all!
  3. solutions

romex wire and breaker to use

Thanks for the reply Jimbo..Sounds great! Yep, the motion sensor light will be the only thing on the circuit.
  4. solutions

romex wire and breaker to use

I would like to install a motion light. It is 750 watts total (each of the three lights 250 watts) In the place i want to install the fixture, has existing 14/2 that goes to a 15 amp breaker. At the big box store they tell me 14/2 will work ok with a 15 amp breaker( very leary of there advice in...
  5. solutions

Thanks all for your replys. Can someone please decipher what RAB is... (brand,acronym etc.) I did not know my question and concerns were considered crazy...lol re: routing of protected 10/2 cable? The inspector did not think so. Is FMC rated to be water proof? If not what protective...
  6. solutions

I want to put a washer/dryer in a kitchen which will require moving the hot water heater,and running a longer 10/2 protected with FMC from the breaker panel to the hot water heater. Behind the washer just under the metal counter top is a nice rececessed area @ 3"x @ 2" deep that runs along the...
  7. solutions

Opinions and thoughts on a PVC water main

It comes in 10' sections and uses a PVC coupler to add to the length needed. Of course it is rated for potable and drinking water as confimed via the company and labeled on each pipe. I have heard good and bad things about coupling pipe underground.. Do they make a fitting to go from PVC to pex...
  8. solutions

Pressure problem?

pressure problem Hi Day425, No advice or help here ,but I maybe am having a similar problem to yours,but single level home here. The house was built in 1957,so it still has the galvanized pipe water main. I wrote in about here under Plumbing "where did the water presurre go" No replys from...
  9. solutions

Where did the water pressure go....

one other thing i need to add to this water pressure thread The other area video scoped was the section of water main that runs under the slab to where the main threads into the run to the water meter by the curb. The under the slab run checked out clear as well. Thanks again all!
  10. solutions

Where did the water pressure go....

My hose bib outside in the back reads @ 70-75 psi when the bib is turned on full with nothing on.When i turn on a sink on ,or flush the 1.6 gallon toilet the pressure drops to 20 psi, and it takes nearly 2 minutes for the tank to fill back up to water level. I thought right away it's due to the...
  11. solutions

Whirlpool - Any Changes in 2008

Is this only effecting this model HWH, or other electric or gas models too?
  12. solutions

Light And Fan Switch In Bath

The location of a GFCI brings up a thought for me in general. At my friends house they had some mega remodel work done a while ago. Contractor,sub for this sub for that and all... Their job was just writing checks on Friday...lol. Anyway, there bathroom that was remodeled has a GFCI receptacle...
  13. solutions

heavy gauge bare copper wire

This thick heavy gauge bare copper wire runs from the inside of my breaker panel down through the inside of a framed wall perhaps into the earth.....(some nearby work with sheet rock allowed me to see this in wall) I do not see or feel or for that matter either does a digital picture of this...
  14. solutions

Hot water heater drain

Thanks for the reply Dallas and jimbo. I did try with the pressure relief valve tipped and all hot water taps open in the bathroom and kitchen what is left yet to open is the tub/shower hot side.. will try that next... The thing I do not really understand if clogging is an issue or the like...
  15. solutions

Hot water heater drain

I went to go drain my hot water heater... Craftmaster,30 gal. , double element. Turned off the breaker to HWH, turned off the water supply, opened up the hot water side on a faucet, hooked a short hose to drain valve on HWH and opened valve. Spurts of water came out of the hose at first, then...
  16. solutions

Another question

Are there any problems with making a 10/2 cable longer than it has to be,for future plans that will require the moving of an appliance? In this case @ 3 or 4 feet longer ,so when that appliance is moved it's just a matter hooking wires and a few wire nuts!
  17. solutions

flexible metal conduit/greenfield

After cutting the flexible conduit to length then putting the wire to be used in it - Is there not something they make that protects the wire from that raw cut edge of the conduit..? (a protective plastic type bushing insert,a grommet,maybe a fitting that has a protective type insert etc..) The...
  18. solutions

Wire Nuts

I am around projects i have done almost everyday,and have used either of connections you speak of ,and have noticed no problems to date. My main critera either pre twisted or not is that the wire nut is not loose fitting on the wires,but this is pretty much uncommon providing the right sized...
  19. solutions

bit of confusion now...

As per a previous thread i started re: re wireing Actually it should be grounding a un grounded house short of a complete re wire... Anyway what i mean by confusion is this..I have talked to several qualified,licensed,experienced etc. electricians. 1. Some, say all receptacles in the...
  20. solutions

Re wiring to to 12-2 /14-2

re: re wireing Thank you for your reply jdoll42 just got it now 10:09PM EST. Oh yah before i make a move whether it be a diy or an electrician i will check with the codes that are applicable to this state ,and what they call for on this. That thought to passed through my mind you brought up...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks