Search results

1. jatfromklb

can one deepen a basement (don't LOL)

basement deepening **************************************************** thanks frenchie. i've decided to bag the idea. far too expensive. oldielocks
  2. jatfromklb

deepening basement *************************************** thanx, shaq-fu. i have given up the idea as too expensive, as noted in all my return mail. perhaps i'll add on instead. thanx, again: oldielocks
  3. jatfromklb

deepening basement ****************************** thanx, crater. all return posts tell me the costs are ginourmas. the house is only $79,000 with 960 sqft. don't think i'll invest anything. maybe i'll add on instead. thanx, again: oldielocks
  4. jatfromklb

basement deepening thanx hj. i have now been made aware of the cost involved by all return posts. perhaps it would be much cheaper to add to existing house. perhaps, also, it might be best to look for another house! thanx, again: oldielocks
  5. jatfromklb

oldielocks basement *********************************** thanx, cookie. i am also 5'7", but i wanted to put a room down there. i think that 7' would be awfully claustraphobic after a while. i am thinking of looking elsewhere. again, thanx, oldielocks
  6. jatfromklb

deepening basement ************************************** thanx, krow. this is a 90-year-old house and its still standing; must be built solid. your first idea is a good one and i will certainly check it out. perhaps the inspector i hire will know. oldielocks
  7. jatfromklb

deeper basement ************************************* thanx jimbo. money is an object as the whole house is only $79,000. perhaps when i have an inspector come in to check the house, i'll ask him also (if he would know). oldielocks again!
  8. jatfromklb

i am buying a little house with a full basement, but it only has 7-ft headspace. can anything be done. thanx
  9. jatfromklb

Buying 90-year-old home

90-year-old house thanx jimbo. perhaps i will have to tear down one wall at least to see what's going on in there. remodeling with regular wallboard should give me a reasonable depth for slip-in shelves. in between i would put in thick insulation. Northern Idaho can get awfully cold. this...
  10. jatfromklb

Buying 90-year-old home

90-year-old house thanx jim. don't know how to know without buying the thing. but your advise will be appreciated. oldielocks
  11. jatfromklb

Buying 90-year-old home

buying a 90-year-old home thanx tom. the reason i said i was a girl was because of the lack of tech language 'how deep where the insulation goes.' what are normal stud sizes for older homes? 2"by2", 2"by4", 2"by6", 4"x6"? assuming no insulation is there, i thought about putting a 1/2-...
  12. jatfromklb

Buying 90-year-old home

Buying a 90-year-old-house I am thinking of buying a 90-year-old house. want to built bookcases into wall spaces for space issue; what were the measurements between boards and how deep were the areas where the insulation goes in 1918? As you can tell I am a girl.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks