Search results

1. Bombjay

Whirlpool Flame Lock water heaters, reviews, troubleshooting, repair and support.

Good job. I think! Our shop was delivered 1 of these. No Wirlpool but an American WH brand.The owners are cheap. I warned them that they will sit untill they rust to the floor.Bradley White's or Rheems for us usually.We ended up with this cos' it was $75cheaper. Not even slighty worth it...
  2. Bombjay

Bathroom Sink "Gurgling"

A proper drain cleaning is in order.A drain cleaner can yank the trap and run up a little and make sure the vent is open and down to give the line a good cleaning. Good luck.
  3. Bombjay

Old Hot Water Heater = Legs----New Hot Water Heater = No Legs!

Are these units drawing enough combution air?
  4. Bombjay

Cleanout or No??

Don't use the sweep you have,to cover what HJ said use a long sweep. If you ever need this, you want it to work well for its intended purpose. Those short sweeps can be a bear to put a proper drain cleaning cable through. Can I get in on that stack of cash on the table!
  5. Bombjay

Shower hairballs

NO! Bad dog! Just put one of those plastic top hat looking drain strainers over it and inform everyone when they are done showering to kindly bend down and clean their hair from the strainer.
  6. Bombjay

brass vs pvc

Agreed....Rugged....In case you ever plug it up the favorite M.O. of drain cleaners is a snake in the overflow to clear the line. A full tub of water might make some people sad when it springs a leak while being snaked!
  7. Bombjay

Shower Drain help - copper drain pipe

This is how many floor drains end up getting trapped. To vent this you would need to run your drain to the nearest side wall where you could take a vent straight up from a sanitary tee(1 1/2 would be easiest and sufficient)and tied into your venting system.the drain the could be tied back in to...
  8. Bombjay

Shower valve roughed in just a bit too shallow

Jeeez.Quick fast and cheap! No way!
  9. Bombjay

Unions. Yes or NO?

A proud member of Minneapolis local 15.Hardest working crew i've ever been around. Slackers are not tolerated.Rugged,It sounds like you were flat out burned by your hall if all is correct!Sparky's l.u. 292 here seems about the same. Bottom line....Yup.Don't use 'em on water heaters any more!
  10. Bombjay

Apprentice get's wet

Some union BA from KY I am certain.
  11. Bombjay

Pex in a bad neighborhood.

This room was originally exposed piping and the cheap *b* doesn't want to open up a chase for the basement on up,Which having done that in the first place would have saved him a ton.I would have far less to replace. I explained about the problems with the Zurn fittings and have seen it in parts...
  12. Bombjay

Pex in a bad neighborhood.

I am doing a repipe in a crummy part of town.OK. Owner wants everything redone in pex.Ok fine. But on the top story bathroom everything will be exposed in the bathroom. Lines out of the walls.The thieves that stripped the place took the fixtures,piping and even the cords from the appliances...
  13. Bombjay

Eljer Titan toilet product review, Rated #1 by Consumer Reports

Artesian! Worst EVER! I've disliked Eljer for some time also! Just ran into an Eljer PF2.Pressure tank not filling. 5 years old!Hello Sloan swap out!
  14. Bombjay

Sewer condition opinions (pictures)

THat great big crack is worrysome but it *may* not be a problem,now.
  15. Bombjay

Pipe Dope, Plumbers Putty, or Teflon Tape?

Remodel work, I do paste over tape.Then I bump the thing and get a leak on the old galvanized down the line anyhow!
  16. Bombjay

Basement plumbing layout

Run your toilet back to the wall then vent it kind of like this...Hope you can see this.The toilet vent can be 2" If your waste is 4" that is fine.You had no sizing on your waste and vents.1 1/2 for your tub and lav (Uhhh sink.)waste, 1 1/4 for your tub and sink vents until they connect with the...
  17. Bombjay

Help with rough plumbing...

Do you have at least 1 full sized (In your case 3") vent stack going out anyplace?
  18. Bombjay

Removal of backflow preventer flapper

Other thing..is it vented correctly? is there some sort of vent after the check? Could the check be heavy enough to choke off any needed venting. A Gurgling toilet is bad venting or A line backing up. Good luck on this dilemma.
  19. Bombjay

Removal of backflow preventer flapper

The proper flow should end up being close to 2' per second. Which is a good clip.Any faster and your water runs away from your solids and that ,of course,will cause a problem too. Run with this: Size of Piping Minimum Slope Less than 3 inches 1/4 inch per foot 3...
  20. Bombjay

My Pex install

Very neat. Good job with the pex elbows.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks