Search results

1. Ed from chicago

Taco 007-f5

Hi guys, have a question about hotwater boiler system. When my boiler shuts off, there is a hammer sound. what can be causing this. System 12psi cool, and approx. 16-18 with boiler on. Thanks guys
  2. Ed from chicago

Extol 60 ruptured

Hi guys Can you tell if there is a way to empty the water from an extra 60, that has ruptured. I think it will be very heavy trying to unscrew it, with the water on it. It is in a bad location. Thanks for any suggestions! Ed
  3. Ed from chicago

Map Pro for 1 1/4" copper pipe

Hi Guys, need to solder some 1 1/4" copper. Can get MAPP gas anymore, will MAP Pro work? Thanks again for your advice.
  4. Ed from chicago

rust particles in bathroom sink drain

hi , trying to break up a clog in a bathrom sink. I tried using an augur, but only got about 2 feet in. Using a shop vac, I vacuumed out a lot of rust particles. Now its draining, but veryyyy slow. Any suggestions. Thanks
  5. Ed from chicago

5" buffalo box cover

Hi all, I have a main shut off in my parkway, that has a pentagon nut (cover) on it. I have loosened the nut but the cover is not moving. Can any tell me how to get the cover off. Thanks
  6. Ed from chicago

Panasonic bath fan

Hi all, I am installing a new Panasonic bath fan, and I have come across two wires that are labeled signal. I'm don't know what to do with these. Any know what I should do with these? Thanks ;)
  7. Ed from chicago

St. elbow

Hi Guys! I have another odd question for you. Can you tell me why the male end of a 1/2" st. elbow has a smaller i.d. than a 1/2" pipe? Thanks
  8. Ed from chicago

New home

my son just purchased a house and it has an ejector pump in the basement. During the house inspector tested the toilet and it and after flushing. Today we noticed that the toilet does not empty and the pump does not go on. Can you give any suggestions. You guys know everything...thanks
  9. Ed from chicago

ceiling fan lights "pop" and went dead

My son recently installed a new ceiling fan and light kit. A few days later, when turning on the lights, they went "pop" and all 3 lights went dead. The fan works fine, but I can't figure out the light problem. I checked to see that power is going to the light fixture connection, and there is...
  10. Ed from chicago

Radiators painting

Hi to everyone! Can anyone tell me if heat resistant paint is needed for steam and hot water radiators? Thanks:(:(
  11. Ed from chicago

Rodding the drain

Hi all! I was rodding my drain today, from a Y in the basement, I ean my 1/4" augur 25' and was pulling it out, when low and behold, I could not pull the snake completely out. It apparently got hook on to something and I tried pulling until the augur started stretching, now I have about 5 to...
  12. Ed from chicago

Sewer gas

Hi guys, My wife claims that when she washes dishes recently, that she can smell sewer gas in the basement. We live in the mdwest and have a catch basin. There is a bar sink, and laundry tub connected to the same sewer line, and there is also a floor drain in the basement next to the tub...
  13. Ed from chicago

bath tub dimensions

Hi all, I am considering replacing a tub in my basement bathroom, it is in an alcove, and I was wondering what the odds where, that I could find a tub, that would line up with the existing drain and overflow? What say you guys? Thanks
  14. Ed from chicago

Galvanized humidifiers

Hi Everyone, Once again I would like to take advantage of the vast amount of knowledge at this site. This has to do with radiator humidifiers, does anyone know where the old galvanized water holders for heating radiators can be found, and purchased? These seem to have disappeared from...
  15. Ed from chicago

Gas hotwater heater

Is it dangerous to set the thermostat of my gas hot water heater up to very hot? My wife goes down to the basement and turns it up when she takes a shower, I tell her she should't do this, but she argues that if it was bad, why would they have such a setting. She has a point. Thanks
  16. Ed from chicago

100% silicone???

Can you tell me if there is any difference in 100% silicone: window & door, kitchen and bath, aquarium sealant, or any other 100% silicone caulks? Why so many if they are all 100% silicone? Thanks
  17. Ed from chicago

boilers

Can you recommend a reasonably price boiler for my heating system, and give me a rough idea as to how much it would cost to have my old one replaced? Thanks, I love this forum. Talman48:)
  18. Ed from chicago

No hot water in New Orleans

This question is for a friend who has a homw in New Orleans. He said that he is not getting any water out of his hot water tank, which is located above his living space. Is it possible that the leveee flooding could have caused his tank to fill up with junk, and is clogging his outlet pipes...
  19. Ed from chicago

No hot water in New Orleans

Hi everyone, I'm asking this question for a friend of mine, he has a home in New Orleans, and he is not getting any water from his hot water lines, the cold is fine. Is it possible that the levee flooding caused his electric hot water heater, which is located above the living space to clog...
  20. Ed from chicago

Yellow Teflon Tape

Can you tell me if the yellow tape is safer than the white. I know that it"s thicker, but if the white is wrapped around the pipe an extra turn, wouldn't it be the same? :confused: Thanks...you guys are great!
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks