Search results

1. Mr_Magoo

Using ROMEX® to feed subpanel, do I have to derate from Table 310.15(B)(6)

Further research has indicated that I do need to derate when using NM.
  2. Mr_Magoo

Using ROMEX® to feed subpanel, do I have to derate from Table 310.15(B)(6)

I want to put a subpanel in the garage. According to Table 310.15(B)(6), I would need #4 Copper for a 100amp subpanel. Is this table for individual conductors in conduit or can you use ROMEX® to feed the subpanel at 100amp? The reason I ask is I read that when using ROMEX® you had to derate the...
  3. Mr_Magoo

Main Service Panels separate neutrals but multiple grounds in bus bar

Thank you. I worded my question poorly and you confirmed my understanding of one neutral per hole. How would I know if the bus bar is rated for multiple grounds per hole? It is a SquareD Homeline Entrance Panel. I don't think there are enough holes in the bus bar for each ground and each...
  4. Mr_Magoo

Main Service Panels separate neutrals but multiple grounds in bus bar

I just want to confirm that in my main service panel I am suppossed to put the neutrals in individual holes of the bus bar but multiple (2 or 3) grounds can go in an individual hole. Is this correct? Thanks, Mike
  5. Mr_Magoo

Using a Floor Sink for a utility sink drain

It is definitely a floor sink about 10" square by 12" deep. I put the sink in myself before we poured the concrete. Putting a utility sink in the mechanical room is an idea that came up later. We are governed by UPC. How far can I run my drain line from the utility sink? BTW, don't...
  6. Mr_Magoo

Using a Floor Sink for a utility sink drain

My mechanical room has a floor sink with 2" pipe, a trap, and vent. It was installed to be a condensate drain. It goes to the septic. I am considering putting a small utility sink in the mechanical room and would like to plumb the utility sink into the floor sink without busting any...
  7. Mr_Magoo

Well and Hot Water Expansion Tank

No, it does not. It is a standard well bladder tank. I am starting to get the feeling that there is not a consensus on this subject. IMO, If I put a small expansion tank on my HWH and set it a 50psi, it is never going to do anything except take up space and rust. Any expansion of the...
  8. Mr_Magoo

My question is does my 120gallon bladder tank qualify as a thermal expansion tank? In my opinion it should, but I am not a plumber.
  9. Mr_Magoo

The bladder tank is on the house side. Thanks for your help.
  10. Mr_Magoo

Thanks for your response. In my case, the well expansion tank is in my basement downstream from the check valve. So, the hot water heater is connected directly to the well tank. Mike
  11. Mr_Magoo

I live where we are governed by UPC. I have a standard well system (not constant pressure) that operates between 30-50psi. The system is closed because there is a check valve where the water supply enters the house. Does my hot water heater need a small expansion tank? Isn't the well tank an...
  12. Mr_Magoo

Loop of wire outside of boxes. Is this normal?

The carpenter framing my house says his electrician leaves a loop of wire outside of the box. I assume it is in case the drywall installers damage the wire, so more could be pulled inside the box. This is the first I have heard of this and have not wired my house that way. I can't find...
  13. Mr_Magoo

Intermixing wire size

Thanks for your help
  14. Mr_Magoo

Intermixing wire size

I am installing a generator transfer switch in the garage. My house is long and a main service panel feeds one half and a sub-panel feeds the other half. I want to put the master bedroom on the transfer switch. So, I will have to run it from the subpanel on the opposite side of the house...
  15. Mr_Magoo

Tying together branch vents in attic question

Thank you...Yes, I had originally planned on having three 2 inch vents in separate areas of the house (master bath, main bath, and kitchen/laundry). But while reviewing my cheat sheet just tonight I caught that info about the total vent area. I put in a 4 inch main drain for the house because...
  16. Mr_Magoo

Tying together branch vents in attic question

I am owner/builder trying to get my rough-in plumbing complete. We are governed by UPC. I finished the master bath venting and wanted to confirm that what I did was OK. I ran a 2-inch main vent line horizontally to tie all the individual vent lines together. To get to the branch vents, I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks