Search results

1. Marty 1

Hot Hot Hot Water!

Hi: My mom (in her 80's) called me yesterday from Arizona about her 15 year old Rheem hot water heater. It seems that she had to turn it off because even on the lowest setting (vacation setting), the heater is heating up the water way to hot. So, I guess, the burner is staying on all the...
  2. Marty 1

Old Hot Water Heater = Legs----New Hot Water Heater = No Legs!

Hi: Our old hot water heater had legs, but the new Rheem heater we bought is legless. Wouldn't it be a good idea to put some sort of blocking or spacers in the pan before the heater is installed? This would raise the heater up a little, in case there was a small leak that might sit in the pan...
  3. Marty 1

The Inspector Rejected Our Shower Valve!

Hi: In our new addition, the building inspector said we need to have "some sort of new fangled" shower valve, so we'll have to rip out the one we put in and replace it. Ok, he didn't say "new fangled", but what he meant was we'll need one that has an anti-scalding device. I've started looking...
  4. Marty 1

1917 Toilet

Hi: I'm putting in a 1917 Toilet. It's an old two-piece, with the tank mounted to the wall and a short water-closet elbow (2") connected to the bowl. Everything looks ok except the 2"spud washers (they seal the tank and bowl together). Anyone see any problems sealing the tank using new...
  5. Marty 1

Branford White hot water heater

Who makes the Branford White brand hot water heater that Brent Audi mentions in the Whirlpool thread (P. 9). Do thay have any screen clogging problems? Are they really that reliable, and if so, where do I get one? Thanks--Marty
  6. Marty 1

Are Reliance hot water heaters a sub-company of Whirlpool?

Hi: Is the company that makes Reliance hot water heaters a subsidiary of Whirlpool? I heard that Reliance heaters are having the same dirty screen problem as mentioned in the Whirlpool thread. Could this type of problem be inherent with all hot water heaters since the fed enclosed the...
  7. Marty 1

Is the problem with tankless water heaters service?

Hi: I've had the regular 30 or 40 gal tank water heater for all my life. They last for years, then they go out, and then you buy a new one. If I put in a tankless, on demand heater, I'm I looking at a constant maintance problem? Marty
  8. Marty 1

Wife want more hot water!

Ok, here's the situation: With our 40 gal. hot water heater, sometimes, when you're in the shower and the washing machine is on, the water in the shower gets cold. How, we've added another bath with a shower and my wife wants more hot water so that two people can take a shower with the washer...
  9. Marty 1

Old 1 3/8" Bathroom Drain

Hi: All my old bathroom sinks have a 1 3/8" drain tailpiece. One needs replacement, but I can't find anything other than 1 1/4" tailpieces. Plus, the overflow holes don't match up. Does anyone have 1 3/8" tailpieces? Why did they change to the smaller size over the years? Thanks--Marty 1...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks