Search results

1. E

Toilet constantly refilling - Cadet 3

I have a Cadet 3 I installed about 1 week ago. I've noticed that the water level drops very very slowly. Then at a certain point, the toilet will refill the water level to the original point, and this will repeat. It gets annoying at night, I hear this happening when I'm going to sleep. What...
  2. E

Tub and Overflow drain, PVC to existing threaded Iron?

Thanks, I'll go with brass if it isn't too much more expensive.
  3. E

Iron toilet drain, no flange, 1 bolt disintgrated, other rusted on?

Ok I bought the cast iron replacement flange and it seems to fit ok. I didn't remove the old flange though, I'm still trying to figure out the heights to see if I need to. I need to raise the height of my floor anyway, to create a stable subfloor around these tricky areas of pipe. If I...
  4. E

I don't plan on pouring any lead, going with some kind of rubber seal. I've been trying to do some more reading to figure this out. Maybe a closet flange repair kit would work in this case? I also may need to raise the floor height higher than it was previously. So I've been reading there are...
  5. E

Well this tub is shorter than my old tub, so I need to build out extra wall either in the front, back or both so I can adjust in that direction. The floor is ripped out so I have some room to adjust in that direction as well=) As PVC is cheaper, is it any better to use brass tubing instead?
  6. E

Ok, after reading the replies and cleaning more gunk off I see what you mean. I originally thought the pipe/flange was one piece, sure looked like it. Now I see the top and outside ring are around the pipe. So the pipe itself doesn't have a lip at the top? I'll try to whack the flange off...
  7. E

Hi again krow! Yes I've seen the kits, but rather than remove the "T" I was hoping to just fit the individual parts into the existing "T". If this isn't possible with PVC, would a brass kit work?
  8. E

Installing a new whirlpool here. I have to replace the existing iron or brass tub drain and overflow pipe. I'd like to use PVC, how do I connect it? There are threads on the iron. Can I put the PVC in like the old iron pipes and put a slip nut over them? If not, do I need to use something other...
  9. E

Awesome! You're a life saver. I had someone tell me today on another board I am SOL and I have to replace it. I'm off to get this done, this is the only throne in my condo=)
  10. E

What is the CI? Now that I look at it again...can I try to just put new bolts in the grooves and attach the toilet to that? These bolts have no nuts over the top, are there suppose to be some? I don't see how they are secured to the flange otherwise (except here where the rust was holding...
  11. E

I'd like to avoid removing the pipe. However I can't just replace the bolt. If you look at the picture, the right bolt hole is no longer a hole, just a cutout. The left one is rusted on. Is there something I could attach on top of this? Other options?
  12. E

I removed my toilet and the concrete around it. I found one of the bolts has just turned to dust, the other one is rusted on. I believe the drain is cast iron or something else (it's black?). As you can see in the picture the one on the right is gone, and the hole expanded to the edge and now...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks