Search results

1. J

Whirlpool Flame Lock water heaters, reviews, troubleshooting, repair and support.

The best thing I ever did was replace that WP with a Bradford White. Going on 3 months now and I don't even think about my water heater.
  2. J

Whirlpool Flame Lock water heaters, reviews, troubleshooting, repair and support.

Well the Bradford heater is in place and works like a dream. I took an extended shower today and did not have to adjust the faucet at all. That was not the case with the WP even when it was first installed. I also had great luck with Lowes. My mother in law happened to be in there on Sunday...
  3. J

Ok I have decided. I am going to get the Bradford and White to replace the flamelock before I have to dump any cash into this thing. Does anyone have any experience with returning one of these things to Lowes? I am thinking if nothing else I can complain my way into a store credit. Thanks...
  4. J

First I suppose I have to get the part. It was supposed to arrive today but no dice. What gas valve at Lowes are we talking about? Thanks guys John
  5. J

I called the WP tech number today and got a guy in India. He was very helpful, registered my heater for me and is overnighting the new manifold kit to me. All I had to pay was the 18 bucks. I figured I can take a chance on that before I replace this one with a Rheem. Are the GE/Rheem heaters...
  6. J

Thanks MG, #2 is what I pressed. I did not have the serial number with me when i called and only the model #. Maybe I just got hold of someone in a sour mood. The entire conversation was very abrupt and rude as if I was putting them out by calling. They tried to get me to pay 150 dollars for...
  7. J

Hi all, I have the same model water heater that the original poster has and the pilot has gone out. I am currently working with Whirlpool to get them to send me out one of the upgrade manifold kits, however after talking with the tech service person I am not confident that they are wanting...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks