Search results

1. M

Drake or Eco Drake

Eco Drake -- 1 Month Later Report My friends find it amusing that people spend hours talking about toilets. They just don't understand. I opted for the round, non-elongated (basic) model. I read elsewhere on the board that the ADA model has greater matter movement, but my reasons for the...
  2. M

Budgeting the installation of a high efficiency gas boiler in Boston

Thanks for everyone's input. I have decided to get another quote on the job. For any Massachusetts readers, I should also point to www.masssave.com, which has rebate and heating loan information for MA, which makes this more doable. At this time, I have a little to add that may explain the...
  3. M

Do you powerflush your radiators? ;)

No, I don't mean toilets. I mean radiator sludge. I'm the new owner of some old huge cast-iron radiators (and the house that goes with it). I imagine that these radiators haven't been cleaned in some time. I'm thinking that before I put in a new mod/cons boiler that a cleaning may be...
  4. M

Budgeting the installation of a high efficiency gas boiler in Boston

I want to know if I should proceed here, or if I'm just wasting HVAC contractor's time in getting this re-quoted: Last weekend, I started thinking about having a modulating/condensing boiler installed in Boston. I have forced hot water heating. I conservatively calculated my heat loss at 50k...
  5. M

Heat Loss

Resfin Explorer Hi, I haven't used the DOE software, but over the weekend I found, downloaded, and used the rather user-friendly heating loss calculator from Slant/Fin. I found this by reading the HVAC section of a messaging board used by heating contractors, and apparently it is well...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks