Search results

1. Trackerxx

Outdoor to indoor wiring question.

I have mounted an outdoor box on an exterior wall and have drilled a hole for a conduit nipple to go through the wall. Can I put Romex through that hole and continue the Romex to the nearest electrical box inside? The wire would be coming stright through the nipple and then immediately by...
  2. Trackerxx

fewest splices possible?

splice I wanted a junction box to make the wire run easier since I am planning to do the run in sections. (Part of the run will be romex since it will be behind sheetrock.) The exposed parts will be EMT. I assume this is ok.
  3. Trackerxx

2-12gauge and a 14 gauge for ground?

Is it okay for me to use two 12 gauge (for hot and neutral) and one 14 gauge wire for ground? I think 14 gauge is easier to work with but I don't want to violate code. I'm installing a dedicated circuit running EMT for a gas dryer. Thanks.
  4. Trackerxx

fewest splices possible?

thanks Thanks. I appreciate it. I don't mind taking the time and am very methodical and careful to make good splices.
  5. Trackerxx

fewest splices possible?

When running a dedicated 20-amp circuit for a gas dryer I assume you should run the wire with the fewest splices possible. What's the actual code for this? The wire run is about 40 feet and I am thinking I will need at least one junction box. Thoughts, opinions? Thanks.
  6. Trackerxx

electrical wiring deficiency?

yes Yes I plugged in a lamp, a hair dryer and a power drill and they all work fine.
  7. Trackerxx

electrical wiring deficiency?

Hello: My gas dryer stopped working and since it was about 20 years old I thought nothing of it. (The dryer wouldn't start--it only made a buzzing noise). Anyway I had a new dryer delivered and the same problem happened! The dryer people said the new dryer was defective and said they would...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks