Search results

1. cybervex

Codes for PEX

Is there a code that specifies the distance that a pex crimp ring has to be from the shoulder of the fitting I am crimping to. The instructions say between 1/8 and 1/4 from the shoulder. Called for a plumbing inspection yesterday morning. The inspector said he would be there at noon. I...
  2. cybervex

R-Value needed

What is the R-Value of insulation needed between plumbing and outside wall if plumbing is running in an exterior wall? This is in Michigan. Thanks in advance.
  3. cybervex

DWV water test

How do you water test a DWV system? I have completed my DWV system in my new home and would like to test it. If I insert one of those inflatable test plugs through the clean out in my crawl and all opening for sinks, tubs, and toilets then fill it with water. How do I drain it when...
  4. cybervex

Main Water Supply Line

On my house rebuild project I am thinking of changing the main water line from the house to the outside turn-off in the front yard. It currently has 3/4" and I would like 1" How does this normally work? Do I dig it up to the turn-ff and replace it myself or do I run it to the turn-ff and the...
  5. cybervex

My Pex install

How is this for a nice clean PEX install? Not quite complete, but getting there. The home build is taking forever as I am the the homeowner, builder, and all the tradesmen.
  6. cybervex

Media Panel Height

Is there a minimum distance from the floor that my media panel has to be mounted? I have a 42" Leviton Structured Media Panel which has ended up not being enough space. The current panel is 36" off the floor. I would like to add another 14" panel below the current panel to house the cable...
  7. cybervex

Which Thermostat

Which White-Rodgers or Honeywell thermostat should I use for a GMH95045BX? I would like the a touchscreen model. I am unsure which model to buy. My big question would be: Do I need a single or multiple stage thermostat? Thanks in advance
  8. cybervex

Dishwasher drain length

How long can a dishwasher drain be. My dishwaser is in a peninsula and the length for the drain would be approx. 10 feet. Is this ok as long as I have the air gap.
  9. cybervex

Water Inlet Temp

Is there a site that has the average seasonal water temperatures coming into the home by region?
  10. cybervex

Dishwasher and furnace drains

Thanks for all the help on my previous venting questions. I am now moving on to the other side of the house 1. Is it code to drain a dishwasher just like a washing machine with a standpipe? My dishwasher will be locate in the end of a peninsula about 8 feet from the kitchen sink. 2...
  11. cybervex

Drain Advice

Great forum!!! I am building a new home and it is time to start installing the drains. I have attached a pic of what I plan to do. Could someone confirm if this is possible. Should I connect the tub and sink before or after the vent. Or run the 1.5 all the way down to the crawl...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks