Search results

1. shag_fu

4" shower drain

Ok so Ive done some more searching. Im looking for a 4" adjustable floor drain with membrane, the other way it may be listed is as an 8" shower grid. A 6" grid will go to a 3" drain which is probably good enough for my application. Now if only they would make em cheaper than $200 for a hunk of...
  2. shag_fu

4" shower drain

There's an old one I'm trying to replace so yes there is such a thing. Like I said at that size it may be reffered to as something else. I'm on a phone but I'll try to post a pic of what I'm trying to replace.
  3. shag_fu

4" shower drain

Trying to find a 4" shower drain(pipe dia. Not strainer size) for a small pond. I may be referring to it wrong which would mess up my google search. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Josh
  4. shag_fu

how much 2 charge for hanging drywall?

hes a tile guy.
  5. shag_fu

how much 2 charge for hanging drywall?

So after reading this first post and the others, you are not really friends just acquaintances which helps. I would do this job for TM esp since you've only done it once for yourself. As long as he understands that you've only done it once and are in no way implying that you want to do this as a...
  6. shag_fu

Delex replacement handle

OK found it. It was a delta w/ scald guard. None of the box stores had it and the supply places close before I get off and open right when I have to be @ work. I tried to get pics but couldnt get a camera soon enough. Thanx anyway
  7. shag_fu

Delex replacement handle

Im trying to find a replacement handle for a delex tub/shower faucet. Apparently the previous owner had the same prob as he was using a moen handle that kinda works but not properly. Ive been to lowes, m3n@rds, home depot, etc but only find delta which doesnt quite fit. Have to wait til monday...
  8. shag_fu

Extending Outdoor Water Line

I would use pvc the same size as the existing line. You could use flexible, but pvc would be better(sched 40 not 20 please)
  9. shag_fu

2 of 6 zones not working

Maybe try cleaning the solenoids first. If your lucky and have jar-tops then just unscrew and clean and replace. Sometimes dirt or junk in the water can stick these in a certain position. If the heads arent popping up at all then you prob dont have any pressure in that zone. Since I assume 3 is...
  10. shag_fu

What kind of tubing

Personally I like the inground method. Yes more involved but a much better installation. Get a water jet digger(not sure if thats the right name) to get under your walkway. You should be able to find one that screws onto a 1"or 3/4" male pvc adapter. That will minimize the digging in that...
  11. shag_fu

low pressure 1 zone

Check pressure at the solenoid. Then start closing off the heads one at a time. Sometimes it takes a while for an underground leak to show up. If you close all the heads in that zone and turn on the solenoid you might get enough pressure to force the water to the surface more quickly. Might also...
  12. shag_fu

Generator .... any good?

natural gas or propane, for a constant power source as opposed to diesel which you would have to refill.
  13. shag_fu

Generator .... any good?

You might have saved money by buying a better more complete generator as a package. Ive installed about a dozen residential generacs in the last year. They arent the best but for a solid, reliable and plentiful power supply in an outage, its hard to beat for the price. They are also simple...
  14. shag_fu

Replace or repair windows?

One option you might try is replacement windows w/o the fin. They are made to fit inside an existing window frame. Installed properly they work great. Otherwise it might be cheaper to just replace the old windows with new as rebuilding the old windows might take more money and time than they are...
  15. shag_fu

hydronic radiant floor heat - cold toes, cooked food???

I dont think that was the reason they didnt put them under the cabinets. Why waste the material on unused space. I guess in the bathroom it depends on your version of close. If they have 4 loops and are 2 feet away from anything, I would scratch my head as well. But in a space that small four...
  16. shag_fu

Waterproof gate valve

there are 2 types of ball valves you can use. Full-port and regular. You might want a full port which gives the least resistance and will give you maximum flow.
  17. shag_fu

How many hours to change 6+ ft bathtub drain

Sometimes you gotta be careful of T&M. Paid by the hour can be motivation to slow it down a bit or get mysterious problems cropping up. Esp if its a slow time of year. A bid from a reputable plumber with lic, ins etc would be safer in my opinion.
  18. shag_fu

Replacing a galv nipple

Yeah, I gotta do something. I might wait til it warms up a bit. And I get some money flowin again. Im havin a pro look at it this week to see how bad it might be. Ill try to get some pics for curious parties.
  19. shag_fu

Replacing a galv nipple

Nope, its lead. I cut a little with my knife came off shiny silver. The red tinge might be rust or just the overall crappiness of the basement.
  20. shag_fu

did i screw the pooch? (painting problem)

Try recaulking with a paintable caulk. I recently grabbed a clear caulk(was in the wrong bin, go figger) that wouldn paint and put a white over top and it seamed to work ok. Not sure if the 100%sil will have an effect an the new stuff sticking or not. If that doesnt work then maybe you will have...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks