Search results

1. Dunbar Plumbing

Upsetting Conduct of Plumber

Brand them a new name for their actions Yes, there is. They should be wearing foot booties like I do. What you have experienced is the typical bait and switch, with disregard to your property. But before I go further, Any drain cleaner, plumber knows and understands how to protect the...
  2. Dunbar Plumbing

A plumber installed this for me -- was it done properly?

I've been put in this situation before, where "doing it right" involves a considerable amount of money and effort to do it correctly. To do it correctly, Get to where that drain stack is, remove the tee and install a tee that is 2" by the size of that stack. From there, you either design the...
  3. Dunbar Plumbing

66 to 50 Gallon Electric Water Heater Problem

Decision was already made by the customer to replace when I heard "10 years." I also know the pressure is high in that subdivision... but didn't know if they had protection or not. So I arrive with the heater, go upstairs and see the heater tore apart. Husband comes home about the same time...
  4. Dunbar Plumbing

It was noisey at this residence the entire time, moreso when the kid's birthday party started two hours before I got done with the install. Still, and in most cases, I can hear when water is flowing in the home. I actually could tell when the heater filled up to the top (to switch the breakers...
  5. Dunbar Plumbing

Below is the picture of the installed water heater that was done yesterday. Between the work by the property owner for 4 days dealing with the electrical aspect of the heater, electrician coming out... then myself trying to rid the entire "bad" situation by telling them to get rid of the...
  6. Dunbar Plumbing

If I could and if there was the ease of calling an electrician whenever there's a malfunctioning electric water heater, I'd do it without second thinking. The issue is the money spent for the consumer in point of sale value is the fact that both tasks (repair against replacement) are closely...
  7. Dunbar Plumbing

Do you believe in Angels or God, he did...

I got some 1/8" and 1/4" out in the driveway right now, 20 footers.
  8. Dunbar Plumbing

Do you believe in Angels or God, he did...

Everyone is trying to be a YouTube sensation these days. Lots of people doing the sad music with the post card messages. Lots of people want to tell their personal story so they can influence, persuade, convince. But when something bad happens, Everybody starts praying. God looks down upon...
  9. Dunbar Plumbing

Was a $14,000 install of a boiler and indirect overcharge?

Just call 3 contractors in New Jersey stating you just moved there and need rough estimates. Hard to say how many hours were involved, any surprises, cost of materials. Sounds high but lots of variables can alter/raise the cost of work. Buyer's remorse after the sale though has fingers...
  10. Dunbar Plumbing

On the second floor, pipe coming out of the hot side never gets hot. If it was a slab leak, I'd have a trail of hot water leaving the tank, then getting cold at the faucets near or far. Every test I did on the heater passed for anything relating to crossed pipes, dip tube issue, cross...
  11. Dunbar Plumbing

This is a very 'involved' situation so I'll describe it the best way I can. Customer called, having issues with a 10 year old water heater with new elements, new upper/lower thermostats, heater still isn't heating water. I explain like I would all 10 year heaters and state that a "new" water...
  12. Dunbar Plumbing

Sayco, What kind of faucet is this?

Looks like an American Standard with that bolt assembly design. Others will chime in that will confirm.
  13. Dunbar Plumbing

Dishwasher drain lines.

Your pictures are showing a running trap, which in most states is illegal. High looping does not break the continuous flow of wastewater leaving the dishwasher. An Air Gap will. 12' is a very long run for this design when the maximum trap to vent distance on 1.5" is usually 3 and half feet...
  14. Dunbar Plumbing

Mansfield Alto 160 toilet product review

The Ace Hardware brand for Mansfield 160 flush valve seals are too thick and not allowing for proper installation. Only ones that have a reliable standard are the OEM type flush valve seals from Mansfield.
  15. Dunbar Plumbing

Colon Cancer update, the week at the U of W Hospital

Good luck with your upcoming surgeries Terry. Hope all goes well in the recovery. I would definitely say that plastic bags leach smells all the time. Garbage bags, even the thickest ones. Going without pain meds is a good thing. They cause just as many problems as they do comfort. It's just a...
  16. Dunbar Plumbing

The Dangers of Ibruprofen and NSAIDS

The Dangers of Ibuprofen and NSAIDS I would like to post a public service announcement as both a forum member, plumber, professional and someone that needs to spread this message, using my reach across the internet to educate others about the situation. In recent months, I've been self...
  17. Dunbar Plumbing

Nuclear plants in Japan risk meltdown

Brits are dying of a massive bacteria strain and green tea is banned from being shipped in Japan thanks to radiation. Who was it that said this nuclear accident wasn't a big deal? It's the worst in history and it's STILL leaking massive amounts of radiation all over. But it's one big secret.
  18. Dunbar Plumbing

Opinion on expansion tank installation. Picture included.

And those should be banned. I got a video for that too. lol I replace a lot of thermal expansion tanks in homes, but it's because I know they need to be replaced when they are bad. Doing one sunday... it's full of black water.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks