Search results

1. chipshot

sillcock

Looking for a good sillcock and opinions on the frost free type. The ones I saw at Lowes didn't seem to open well at the inside end. Also I was assuming I would be running 3/4" to the sillcock but didn't see much selection. Is there a noticable differance between 1/2 and 3/4t" as far as...
  2. chipshot

Replacing Galvanized

Replacing Galvanized/Grounding Implications I'm about to replace the galvanized pipe in my 1945 house. I was up in the attic where the water heater is and noticed several ground wires that connected to the cold water supply that comes up from under the house through the wall. I was going to...
  3. chipshot

American Standard Compact bowl

I opted, maybe wrongfully, to go with the compact tank in order to fit a 10" rough in. Seems the flush is less than desirable. I have to hold the handle down longer than seems normal. Is this due to the smaller amount of water or inferrior hardware? Could this be remedied by replacing the...
  4. chipshot

PEX replumb

Soon I am going to replace all the galvanized pipes in my house and originally intended on using a combination of copper and PEX. My water heater is in the attic and I had planned on using 3/4 copper from the main and up and back from the water heater and then branch out with PEX supply lines. I...
  5. chipshot

Tub spout replacement. Whoa

I read on here somwhere that when using the thread tape for fittings that you need to hand tighten and then use a wrench to turn a couple more time. Well I did that and ended up actually twisting the copper tub spout into a spiral. At least I did a good job sweating the threaded apapter on...
  6. chipshot

Loose Moen fixture

I have a recently rebuilt tub surround with new plumbing that was done with PEX. The plumber said the single console Moen fixture I got did not need to be braced from behind. Everything is done now and I have istalled the fixture using the thick wall setting and now the console thing is...
  7. chipshot

Sweating Copper

I sweated a male adapter onto the tub spout yesterday. Everything was great except the spout is a bit long. Can I remove the adapter by heating and turning with a wrench? I need to cut a little off and I think the cut will fall where the adapter covers.
  8. chipshot

Crimper

What do you guys think of this? <http://cgi.****.com/ws/****ISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=303&item=4376303749&rd=1> Why can't I post a link to an **** item?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks