1. chipshot

Leaking copper pipe with green crap.

So, what specifically does flux do?
  2. chipshot

Replacing Galvanized

actually I was referring to this:
  3. chipshot

Replacing Galvanized

Ok, I finally did this yesterday and am very happy with the result. I can shower while the dishwasher is running, etc. One odd thing that I am curious about though. The only two things that share a .5 inch supply line are the sink and toilet at the far end of the house. This half bath was...
  4. chipshot

sillcock

Looking for a good sillcock and opinions on the frost free type. The ones I saw at Lowes didn't seem to open well at the inside end. Also I was assuming I would be running 3/4" to the sillcock but didn't see much selection. Is there a noticable differance between 1/2 and 3/4t" as far as...
  5. chipshot

Replacing Galvanized

The electrician suggested that if I replace the galvanized, I could just connect the three to a ground that goes down and connects to the water supply or the box ground on the box.
  6. chipshot

Replacing Galvanized

Actually the phone is grounded to another section under the house which is a differant issue. If I remember correctly, when the walls were open during the bathroom remodel. It was a ground coming off of the wall fixture.
  7. chipshot

Replacing Galvanized

Replacing Galvanized/Grounding Implications I'm about to replace the galvanized pipe in my 1945 house. I was up in the attic where the water heater is and noticed several ground wires that connected to the cold water supply that comes up from under the house through the wall. I was going to...
  8. chipshot

rough in??

The measurement from the center of the waste pipe to the wall, but not the baseboard since the furthest back part is the tank which would be above that.
  9. chipshot

PEX replumb

I bit the bullet and purchased some off of ****. I hired a plumber for a bathroom remodel and he left the supply line for the toilet with a plug instead of a valve. It was cheaper to get the tools than have him come back. I knew I would be doing the rest of the house myself soon anyway. I ended...
  10. chipshot

Installing new water pipes

Can you explain how the Oatey tinning flux is differant and why you said it's like cheating? Are there any drawbacks to it?
  11. chipshot

PEX replumb

Would that not minimize the advantages of the larger main lines considering you would have longer runs of 1/2" supply lines?
  12. chipshot

PEX replumb

Thanks for the input. What do you mean by homeruns? **edit: interesting**
  13. chipshot

PEX replumb

bump anyone?
  14. chipshot

American Standard Compact bowl

I opted, maybe wrongfully, to go with the compact tank in order to fit a 10" rough in. Seems the flush is less than desirable. I have to hold the handle down longer than seems normal. Is this due to the smaller amount of water or inferrior hardware? Could this be remedied by replacing the...
  15. chipshot

PEX replumb

Soon I am going to replace all the galvanized pipes in my house and originally intended on using a combination of copper and PEX. My water heater is in the attic and I had planned on using 3/4 copper from the main and up and back from the water heater and then branch out with PEX supply lines. I...
  16. chipshot

"ez-sweat" copper fittings vs. old school sweating

Being new to sweating copper I tried the EZ ones. I found that after doing a few traditional ones I liked them much better becuase I could actually see when the solder was being sucked in and I have alot more faith in the standard fittings now that I know how to do it.
  17. chipshot

Problem with plumber

turn the water before Winter and leave it off until Spring :)
  18. chipshot

How to fix bad solder joints?

I did all of my connections outside at a work bench taking alot of time to do them properly. I only had to do two in place and one leaked. Luckily, somehow I was able to re-solder the connection without taking it apart. So far so good but I will invest in a yellow tank.
  19. chipshot

How to fix bad solder joints?

What kind of torch is suggested? I had difficulty with the blue propane tank getting the copper hot enough to melt the solder without the flame on the fitting.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks