Search results

1. P

Installation advice

What type of wax ring should be used?
  2. P

Toto Drake - Hissing Sound

I did some searching for the use of "car wax" when toilet is new but I found no threads. Can anyone comment on how and why "car paste wax" is used on toilets?
  3. P

Installation advice

I am wondering what material is best to use for a shim?
  4. P

Installation advice

I am replacing some old toilets with new WaterSense toilets and I want to make sure I do the job just once and correctly. I am looking for any tips / tricks / or gotchas for a install. I should have a straight forward install with a 12 inch rough-in, replacing old toilets with Toto Eco Drake...
  5. P

EcoDrake, any reason NOT to purchase?

What other WaterSense toilets would make your short list besides the Eco Drake? Thank you for your time and information. Pippin
  6. P

Enzyme product recommendation.

How do you work on the lower pipes first? :confused:
  7. P

Enzyme product recommendation.

I am looking for recommendations on an enzyme treatment product for eating up pipe sludge buildup. I have heard these products can vary in number and type of enzymes contained in them and overall effectiveness so any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
  8. P

EcoDrake, any reason NOT to purchase?

I searched and read every EcoDrake post on this forum and found no bad reports and an average opinion of OK with this model. I am wondering if the Eco Drake non-ADH has any short comings that might steer me towards a better WaterSense certified toilet? My community just offered a rebate for...
  9. P

Basement toilet performance issues

Krow, I think you may have nailed it. The fill tube was only producing a small slow flow of water that was not enough to fill the bowl totally. The flush of the upstairs toilet does undulate water in the basement bowl still but does not affect the level.
  10. P

Best for Bowl Clean?

Would you please mention what exactly does CEFIONTECT add to a toilet? https://www.totousa.com/cleanovation
  11. P

Basement toilet performance issues

I brought this up under another thread and I appreciate Redwoods response but if I have to start ripping out walls I would really like to have a second or third opinion. Here is my situation, I have very poor performance problems (clogs regularly) with a basement toilet. The specs of this...
  12. P

Basement Toilet

I have a similar problem with only the basement toilet and I think it is a venting problem but let me toss this out to the group to see what you think. Here are the details. 1. The upstairs toilet is directly above the basement toilet. 2. When the upstairs toilet is flushed the bowl water...
  13. P

Toto Soiree

Terry, would you please mention which 1.28 or dual flush systems have the largest water spots or less dry bowl areas?
  14. P

Toto Soiree

Salmonica, you may find the following thread helpful in answering your Soiree question. https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18679
  15. P

I Need The Best Flushing Toilet...

Best 1.28 Assuming the same no cost restrictions what is the best flushing 1.28 gpf toilet in your impression?
  16. P

1.28 gpf design / engineering question

Terry, thank you for the detailed explanation. That is what I needed.
  17. P

I Need The Best Flushing Toilet...

How about the best flushing 1.28 Assuming the same no cost restrictions what is the best flushing 1.28 gpf toilet in your impression?
  18. P

Terry, just so I understand the only difference between a 1.28 and a 1.6 gpf toilet is only in how much water flows through the system? I was thinking that if you send 20% less water into a system (bowl) you would want to adjust the system appropriately so I was wondering if any manufacturer...
  19. P

I was speaking with a toilet dealer about their 1.28 gpf offerings and they said that they are the same exact bowl/tank as the 1.6 gpf but have just been regulated to only use 1.28 gpf. My questions is are there any models that have been specifically engineered for 1.28 gpf and are not just a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks