Search results

1. A

Jet Pump or Sprinkler Pump

Great - thanks for your reply! With a sprinkler pump, would the installed pressure tank address the pressure issue? Or would it not even be able to fill the pressure tank past a certain PSI?
  2. A

Jet Pump or Sprinkler Pump

We have a 2 inch well that servies both our sprinkler system AND our home. The depth to water in my well is about 12'. I have a 60' horizontal run from the well to where my pump is - which sits about another 1 foot above the ground. Then our pump is hooked up to a pressure tank. I was able...
  3. A

Shallow well pump question

you're probably right. I'll be testing that this week - is there a recommended way of testing if there's a suction leak? Attach a pressure guage and see if it goes down over time?
  4. A

OK guys, i connected the pump directly into the well (bypassing the 60' run) and it seems to pump water just fine. But if i move the pump back to where it needs to go, I'll end up with the same problem. So that's semi-good news. Just now I'm not sure what's the best way to proceed. Should...
  5. A

Hey guys... i'm gonna try tomorrow to connect directly to the well - bypassing the horizontal run. I'll report back how that goes. Meanwhile, would the fact it's a 2" well (as opposed to a 1 1/4" or 1 1/2") make a big difference? (seems like it would) And would the fact i have nothing...
  6. A

I've just had a new 2" well drilled and am trying to hook up to it a new 1HP shallow well jet pump. The depth to water in my well is about 20-24', but I have a 60' horizontal run from the well to where my pump is. In that horizontal run, I gradually decreased the size of the pipe, starting...
  7. A

new well - advice sought

ok... how about the 2nd one down - here: http://tinyurl.com/2m23cz
  8. A

new well - advice sought

Thanks bob... what about here (****): http://tinyurl.com/2q46vm
  9. A

new well - advice sought

fine, beer it will be. You gotta love the "can-do" attitude on this board! So I guess I'm on the lookout for a railroad spike puller?
  10. A

new well - advice sought

dangit bob - that was a lot of sledgehammering! :o OK then... well lets see - what options do I have? I suppose if there was a way I could pull the 25' of pipe out of the ground, I could replace the well point and hammer everything back into the same spot. Anyone have any ideas on how to...
  11. A

new well - advice sought

Good morning Bob - I bought the well point at a place called Affron supply - its a local plumbing/irrigation place. I told them exactly what I wanted to do and they sold me the well point and cut/threaded my the pipe for me. The well point was 1.25", 3' long, and had holes about the size of...
  12. A

new well - advice sought

Hey Sammy... I did (and am still) developing the well. However, I'm using the electric pump and not the hand pump (too tiring - esp after sledgehammering all day). What I did is: I have a cap that I use to cover part of the pipe when pump is pumping... once I get a decent flow of water, I...
  13. A

new well - advice sought

(yes, galvanized... sorry Bob) UPDATE: I hammered down another 5 feet or so, so I'm now at about 24 feet (which includes the length of the 3' well point). I'm thinking that I'm probably at the right depth. So I now turn to the issue of water pressure... I haven't been able to do a super...
  14. A

new well - advice sought

great - I'll measure today. And Bob thanks for the peace of mind, i should be able to go several feet deeper and not have to worry about the sulfur, etc. I'll probably continue hammering down in increments of 3 feet, and keep testing. Will keep you posted - you guys' help and advice is...
  15. A

new well - advice sought

Thanks - but how do I measure how many feet of water is over the screen? Plus, some people around here have dug their wells too deep and hit sulfur and/or iron. So I don't want to go too deep - I'd rather err on the side of caution. Thoughts?
  16. A

new well - advice sought

hey guys... ok here's the update. Some friends and I bought a 3' 1.25" well point and several lengths of stainless steel 1.25" pipe (3 pieces 5 feet long, and 2 peices 6 feet long). We started sledgehammering away, and we got the 3' well point down, and just a little less than 17' of pipe...
  17. A

new well - advice sought

thanks Bob... I'll definitely double check on the permits, now. The one well guy I spoke to said that if the opportunity to hook up to city water is available, then the city will not grant a permit to drill a well for drinking water - only irrigation. I'll let you know what I find out, though...
  18. A

new well - advice sought

Thanks Mike, I'll double check with the city regarding the city water thing. The well we've been running on has been there for so long, there's a chance we may be grandfathered in (technically, they may consider that we are simply 'repairing' the old well iinstead of driving a new one)...
  19. A

new well - advice sought

hey everyone... our house in S FL is on a well. We love it and want to stay on well water. But our well stopped functioning a while ago... seems our galvanized steel pipe finally rusted through (its probably 40 years old!) Anyways, I cant get a permit to have a new well drilled b/c the city...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks