Search results

1. Jed1154

Softener Recomendations

I am serving a home that has 4 adults and 2 children. At my old house, I had a Fleck 9000 dual tank system, It was 10 years old, I rebuilt the valves once due to leaking, but otherwise, it gave me no trouble whatsoever. I didn't realize how pricey those system are. Anyway, Im now looking at...
  2. Jed1154

Pressure Tank Size

TLDR: I have a 5HP well that pumps 50GPM and I need to install multiple pressure tanks to keep from burning it up so it can serve my residence. How many and what size do I need? FULL VERSION: I am moving into the family ranch home. We have a well but it is currently piped to a stock tank...
  3. Jed1154

Ceiling Fan Reverse Switch - Pull Chain

I have a fan that the switch had broken in. The chain pulled out. The thing is, it's a pull chain for the reverse selector. I don't have any other fans like this, most have switches. Anyway, is there anything special about the switch I need to buy? I can't find anything other than light...
  4. Jed1154

Changing Moen Shower control???

I have a kingsley shower/tub setup. It has a handle that just spins from cold to hot. Is it possible to replace this with a setup that allows for hot and cold, but also a separate 'volume' control? Im talking about the ones that have a lever to adjust temperature and you can just leave that...
  5. Jed1154

Moen Kingsley Shower not very hot

Its a new install and I know the tankless water heater that supplies that shower will get so hot you can't put your hand under it. However, in the shower, the handle goes all the way to the left and the water is hot, but not hot enough. Guests have complained and I think its a problem. The...
  6. Jed1154

Moen Shower Handle Sticks out too far....trim question

I freaked out at first, but after reading, I see its perfectly normal, very common and a 'correct' install...even if its not aesthetically pleasing. Its done to spec. I get that. Im cool with that but I was wondering if anyone has had luck or if Moen sells a 'thicker' trim plate that will...
  7. Jed1154

T&P Relief valve code requirement??

I wanted to have a tankless installed under my bar, but the plumber that was going to do the work says that it will be very expensive to do since it requires extra copper pipe to install a T&P valve. Apparently the code for the city he works in requires it. The manufacturer does NOT require...
  8. Jed1154

Splitting single cold water with double valve...legal?

I have a single cold water valve coming into a bar sink, and I want to add a tankless water heater. I see they make a 'double stop' valve that is essentially a dual outlet valve. Is this code compliant if I use this to split my cold line??
  9. Jed1154

Do Tankless Heaters require pans and pop off valves?

Trying to get some plumbing done and need to add an ELECTRIC tankless heater upstairs. Im told I need a pan and a pressure releif valve. The pan has to go to a drain line somewhere and the blow off valve has to go to the outside of the home. Is this true? I have 3 other ELECTRIC tankless...
  10. Jed1154

How much to install 120 Glass lined pressure tank?

My current 10 year old epoxy lined is seeping and leaking at the gauge and inlet where the rust has swelled the metal. I assume it needs to be replaced before it fails. I called two people, only one who has gotten back to me. They are local and I have dealt with them before but I want to see...
  11. Jed1154

Which fill valve won't have a water hammer?

My toilet began making a banging noise when shutting off, I noticed the ball type float valve would get nearly full, then slam shut, so I replaced it with a fluidmaster 400a. This one does the same thing. Is there a unit that will not do this? I cannot shut my water valve down because it...
  12. Jed1154

Low water pressure...pressure switch bad?

The last two night my wife has complained that the pressure drops very very low while in the shower. I checked my gauge when it was low and the pressure was at 35 and even dropped to 30 before the well kicked on. It is a 40/60 switch. Not sure how old it is, maybe 10 years. It shuts off at...
  13. Jed1154

Water well head leaking...help ASAP please!

I have a well that I use exclusively for watering my property. It just started leaking at the top as far as I can tell. This started today. I have attached photos of where it is leaking. Its leaking right at that separation of the iron cap with the nuts...or between it and the PVC pipe. Is...
  14. Jed1154

Leaky Snifter Valve

Mine was leaking when the pump was running. I pulled the stem and it looks like the spring is weak or broken. Either way, I had another one laying around that is probably from a inner tube. Its awful stiff though. Are these stems all the same or do I need to get one for wells?
  15. Jed1154

Water well tank leaking...what to replace with?

My tank is a AW120-01 ProSource epoxy lined tank. My well has a snifter valve on it and the tank has a gauge that spits out water and some air every time the well comes on. It is NOT a bladder tank. All of the connections are rusty and flaky and I think they are starting to seep or drip...
  16. Jed1154

Can't get aerator out of a Kohler

I have no clue what kind of faucet it is, but its in the bathroom and looks similar to the Fairfax. It has an aerator inside and it needs to be cleaned, but its not like my others. It doesnt seem to have a 'thing' that threads off or it revealing the aerator. The aerator is inside and there...
  17. Jed1154

New tankless installed....this can't be normal.

This new unit gets MUCH hotter than the old. When its done being used, you can feel the heat emanating from it a foot away. My infrared thermometer shows the chambers at 270 degrees. How can that be good? When the water shuts off, after a few seconds, you can hear the water bubbling and gurgling...
  18. Jed1154

Had to reuse a compression collar and nut

How bad is this? I had to replace a tankless hot water heater. I ended up getting the exact same one, and the pipes are pretty much in the same space, close enough to get the nut on, although there is a tad bit of torqueing of the copper pipes ones its snug. The unit is off kilter about 4...
  19. Jed1154

How can water drain and leak like this??!!!

I have a tankless water heater with two valves on each side of it, to isolate it. One vale is on the incoming cold water and one is on the outgoing hot water. I have to replace the unit so I turned both valves off and took it off. No problems. Now, the valve on the OUTGOING hot side...
  20. Jed1154

Supreme tankless heater may be dead/dying

This thing was installed in 1999 I think. Anyway, it finally gave up the ghost. I don't have gas, so I have to replace this with an electric hot water. I found the company but only sales on ****. My other one that was just like it went out last year and was replaced with home warranty with a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks