Search results

1. Jed1154

Pressure Tank Size

Yeah, it is what it is. I did some playing around yesterday with the 50gpm pump. I am able to fill my cistern and the stock tank at the same time. Since it is plumbed with a 'T'...some water goes to the pond and some to my cistern. I can adjust flow to either with the ball valves. Really...
  2. Jed1154

Pressure Tank Size

It's no hassle. It's powered. It's plumbed. We fill up the tank and literally flip a switch. That's why we aren't changing it. We have a 1HP 10GPM pump....but I'm being advised to pull that and change it to a 1HP, 33GPM Hallmark for about 150 bucks?? This makes zero sense to me. Anyway...
  3. Jed1154

Pressure Tank Size

I understand. Unfortunately, there were some unforseen issues with this project that blew the budget here. A new well pump is simply not going to happen when we have a perfectly functional pump in it now.
  4. Jed1154

Pressure Tank Size

Any way to do this with ONE CSV? Just not enough money leftover in this project after water filtration requirements to do it otherwise. I may have to just use it as is for a while. This pump/motor pumps water from 20 feet in the ground up to ground level and then about 100' in 1.25" PVC to...
  5. Jed1154

Pressure Tank Size

Pump inside cistern is on SCH 80 1.25" Pipe and in no more than about 18' of water. Franklin 2145089009 Grundfos 10S10-15, 1HP 10 USGPM EDIT: To correct Grundfos Model Number
  6. Jed1154

Pressure Tank Size

Ill get the model numbers.
  7. Jed1154

Pressure Tank Size

Im hoping to get this info today. I'm pulling it. Ill post back as soon as I have the info.
  8. Jed1154

Pressure Tank Size

Simple. Because the pump listed is not what I have. LOL. The pump is what was taken out of the well that now has a 50gpm. This was installed by the driller once he understood what we wanted to accomplish. It's PVC down to the pump and we have float switches like in your post. Its easy to...
  9. Jed1154

Pressure Tank Size

Hey, since my small 1.5HP submersible (No idea what actual size) is in 20' of water and pumping back to the pressure tank in 1" SCH40 PVC, why am I not worried about blowing up the PVC pipe in that one like the concern before with the 50gpm?
  10. Jed1154

Pressure Tank Size

OK. Looks like the cheapest option here (which is not cheap) is to seal up our cistern and utilize that. We will fill the cistern at 50GPM. It holds about 7,500 gallons and contains a submersible well pump and float switches. Sealing is expensive, but its half the cost of a poly tank that...
  11. Jed1154

Pressure Tank Size

OK. This is where we are headed it looks like. I can't believe the well guy wouldn't have mentioned that we can't use this on a pressure tank at 40/60. So....here we are. WHat CSV do I need for the 1 or 1.5HP pump that is in my cistern pumping back to my pressure tank? The pump is sitting...
  12. Jed1154

Pressure Tank Size

I don't need 50GPM at 50PSI. The 50GPM will be accomplished the same way it is now...just open the valve on the tee to the pond. Forget the pond. Im only interested in the CSV for the residential supply to the home.
  13. Jed1154

Pressure Tank Size

Based on my well log for this well, the fluid level is at 222'. Pump is set at 360'. So....where does this leave us?
  14. Jed1154

Pressure Tank Size

OK, folks. This is the moment we have all been waiting for. Well, for me anyway. I spoke to the company that installed my pump and got all of the info for it. Interestingly they have not only heard of Cycle Stop Valves, they "install them all the time". This is great because I really love...
  15. Jed1154

Pressure Tank Size

I am going to get you guys the model number of the pump installed and the depth at which is it sitting and the water level. I have all of this information if I can dig it up. We need to really pin down specifics now. Thanks everyone.
  16. Jed1154

Softener Recomendations

My capacity was loosely calculated... 20 grains of hardness (estimated from city water since we pull from the same aquifer, I need to test my well water shortly) 6 people, estimating 70 gallons a day (just found this online) That got me to 48,000 grains with 5.7 between regen. I might need...
  17. Jed1154

Softener Recomendations

I am serving a home that has 4 adults and 2 children. At my old house, I had a Fleck 9000 dual tank system, It was 10 years old, I rebuilt the valves once due to leaking, but otherwise, it gave me no trouble whatsoever. I didn't realize how pricey those system are. Anyway, Im now looking at...
  18. Jed1154

Pressure Tank Size

So CSV is made in Texas. Who are some companies in the region that are installing these devices? "Water well guys" are nearly as prevalent as roofers and real estate agents. Surely there are more than just a few in this state that support and install these. Where can I find a list of...
  19. Jed1154

Pressure Tank Size

This all makes sense to me. I am trying to relay this information. I am now getting hung up on the back pressure argument. This device introduce his back pressure on the pump. They do not like that. I do not know how to Explain how and why back pressure on a pump is OK for it.
  20. Jed1154

Pressure Tank Size

i have no doubt that we will be purchasing a device. I just don’t know how many pumps we will go through before they agree with what I believe to be a real solution...a better way.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks