Search results

1. Cnrhome

Basement sink drains into floor drain to daylight

I'm not telling on myself... but a county inspector is coming to verify that the house is up to code. I'm curious if most areas will flag this... because if so I will dismantle it this wkend before he comes.
  2. Cnrhome

Basement sink drains into floor drain to daylight

Hi all, I put a slop sink in the basement years ago. It drains into a floor drain that runs out behind my house and runs to daylight down a hill. I didn't install a trap or vent because it is open and not sealed into the floor drain. The 2" drain pipe just sits in the 3" or 4" drain hole. Is...
  3. Cnrhome

Leaking Watts 1156F boiler pressure reducing valve

Hi, Last night I discovered that the Watts 1156F boiler pressure reducing valve is leaking quite a bit, so I have a few questions : Is this something that can be taken apart and cleaned or fixed? If it needs replacement, can I just replace the 'guts'? I see 4 screws that would remove the...
  4. Cnrhome

Sediment filter questions

Hello all, I'm (finally) going to be replacing my whole water system due to a number of problems ( piping hanging in mid air, poor pressure on 2nd floor, tank bladder has a small leak, tank and piping directly in front of elect panel, 40 yr old softener ) and I'm starting on the sediment...
  5. Cnrhome

Is my well pressure tank damaged, undersized or WAD?

OK, I tried to register again. Maybe this one will go through. Regarding the check valve. Just thinking about it, I guess I must have one near the pump. If the submersible pump is open to the water, then without a check valve (or with a malfunctioning one), as soon as pressure in my tank...
  6. Cnrhome

A 10 gpm pump sounds about right from the small test data I have. And right now, my pump cycles every 2 gallons! No sprinklers here - I let the grass fend for itself. I dont have anything that could take 8gpm, so you're saying I wont notice any impact from the CSV. Can I ask why you said...
  7. Cnrhome

Thanks for the reply. My tank only says Duracell II Model DP-42-2. Very (very) rough estimate given height and diameter says its 20g size. But thats neglecting the air cell (which is replaceable). I did remove the tank about 5 yrs ago, and checked/adjusted the 38 lbs. The pump pressure switch...
  8. Cnrhome

I did some testing on my well tank system and the results were interesting. Heres some info : 80 ft well, submersible pump, pump control box says 220v, 1/2 hp Pressure tank blue Structural Fiber w/bladder, 15" diameter x 26" tall. Charged to 38 lbs. 40/60 well pressure switch 4 bdrm, 2.5...
  9. Cnrhome

UV light, well tanks and power outages

Bob - Thanks for your explanation of the interlock. Makes sense now. You first mentioned a $20 'disconnect' in addition to the interlock. What is that? And the CSV sounds interesting. I'll do some testing on my current drawdown of the tank to get an idea if it'll be worthwhile. Where does a CSV...
  10. Cnrhome

Hey - great info! So the 'interlock' is like a double pole breaker that feeds the panel from the generator? What size wire did you need to carry that load? And the cutoff goes on your main line to cut the house from the street, right? Did that take an electrician to install? I also use oil so...
  11. Cnrhome

Hey guys... Thanks for the responses... Speed - how does a CSV stop my pump from cycling? If the tank only has 5-7g of drawdown, the pump will run, no matter if the pressure to the faucets is constant or not. Am I misreading what a CSV does? Gary - Normally (with power) I would get twice...
  12. Cnrhome

Hi all, I have a bunch of questions about my water system, but I'll start simple. Heres some info : 80 ft well, submersible pump, 100 ft uphill to house Pressure tank is Duracell Blue DP-42-2. 18" diameter x 36" tall. ( I'm guessing 42gal ) Air bladder charged to 38 lbs 40/60 well...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks