Search results

1. tombstone

Air in system ....

Good Morning! On Sunday I re-piped a bit of my boiler to replace an older expansion tank with a new style one and install a spirovent jr. I brought the boiler back up and started the bleeding process. I turned the boiler off from Monday morning until about 7:00 PM. This morning I was...
  2. tombstone

Humming coming from inside boiler

Good Morning! I am hearing a faint humming coming from inside my boiler and am trying to troubleshoot it. This is what I've discovered thus far. 1) If I turn power off to the boiler the humming stops. 2) If I turn the thermostat off but keep the power on the humming continues. This...
  3. tombstone

Boiler Pressure

Good Morning ... On Saturday I finally got around to installing a Runtal basebord radiator as a replacment for a cast iron radiator that was removed for a bathroom remodel a few years ago. I bled everything several times throughout the weekend and am getting good heat from the system but the...
  4. tombstone

Setting pressure in hot water boiler

Good Morning ... On Saturday I finally got around to installing a Runtal basebord radiator as a replacment for a cast iron radiator that was removed for a bathroom remodel a few years ago. I bled everything several times throughout the weekend and am getting good heat from the system but the...
  5. tombstone

New Radiator Has Cold Water When Bled

Good Evening! I just installed a Runtal baseboard radiator in my bathroom as a replacement for an old cast iron unit. I have bled the unit and have water coming out of the radiator, but it is cold water. The other radiators are warming just fine. Several years agao I took out the...
  6. tombstone

Toilet Valve Running with not Fill Valve Leaks?

Good Morning! I've been trying to fix a problem that recently showed up with my American Standard Cadet 3 toilet. My office is right across from the bathroom and I will intermittenly hear the sound of the fill valve letting water into the tank. It's not as loud as when the fill valve...
  7. tombstone

GFCI Trips when Light Switch is Turned Off

Good Morning! I'm into the finishing stages of my bathroom remodel and am having an "issue" with the GFCI outlet. I have a double gang box that houses a GFCI outlet and a double light switch. The power comes into the box and it split with one leg going to the GFCI and the other feeding...
  8. tombstone

New ABS Pipe Install - Popping Noise

Hello! Recently my neighbor (a registered plumber) and I complete the plumbing work for my bathroom. I've been using the tub/shower for a while without incident. Last weekend I secured the 1.5" ABS drain line to my joist using 2 galvanized straps. One section of the pipe was pulled over...
  9. tombstone

Banging coming from boiler ....

Good Morning! I had a new Bryant boiler installed in my home about nine years ago. They didn't install an air removal device and used the old espansion tank (non-bladder). I have a two story cape-cod. I recent had to resolder a connection to a radiator, replace a few bleeder screws and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks