Search results

1. kgphoto

Will bent 3/4 copper pipe laterals pose a problem or can they be straightened?

And yet we are taught to limit the number of bends in a run.
  2. kgphoto

My guess is he wanted to minimize the amount of torch work in the attic. I heard that non straight pipes create turbulence and reduce flow.
  3. kgphoto

A "contractor" put a bunch of copper pipes up in the attic preparatory to re- piping a house. In order to get them up in the attic, he bent them approx 10 degrees off each side of center for about 20 degrees total. So now it is impossible to make a straight run. Can these be straightened by a...
  4. kgphoto

drain not level

If you are using a Kerdi Drain, you can adjust for some out of level with that. I don't know if that is too much, I haven't had one that far our. Recently I found trap that was not plumb ( Ha ha get it? Not plumb, sigh) I jammed it with a rock and then packed in concrete (drypack) around...
  5. kgphoto

Kitchen sink P-Trap location question.

Terry, If I have understood you correctly, you are saying to put the P-Trap (drain) at the level of the drain stub out from the wall? Then use the tail piece to reach up to the sink drain (strainer). There is no garbage disposal involved here, a single bowl only. I told him it was bad idea...
  6. kgphoto

No offense taken. I didn't plumb this house, I am just being asked by my brother to attach the drain to the sink. The 1 1/2" drain stub comes out 8 inches above the floor of the cabinet, so when you ad the 4" toekick it is about 12 inches off the finished floor. He centered the drain in the...
  7. kgphoto

Due to layout changes, that happened before I was asked to get involved, the stub out for the kitchen drain is 24 inches to the side and 13.5 inches lower than the center of the sink drain hole. So my question is, should I attach the p-trap at the wall and then go over to the sink (at 1/4...
  8. kgphoto

HELP! Major price differences in remodel quotes

Tell us the quotes you already got. Then tell us the specs of each quote.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks