Search results

1. scrunchielaura

Finding a water main leak with a metal detector

It's a private road - and actually just an access easement over various parcels.
  2. scrunchielaura

Finding a water main leak with a metal detector

There's a water main leak under my street. It's been leaking for more than 10 years, though much worse in the last year. The water company has finally been contacted - they sent someone out - and they deny a leak! This is California. It hasn't rained in months. All seasonal springs and seeps...
  3. scrunchielaura

AFCI breakers tripping every 7 days

Q1: The AT&T settop box, is it plugged into the "plugs" circuit that you turned off yesterday/Saturday? Q2: Reading between the lines, I assume you have another TV and settop box elsewhere, correct?
  4. scrunchielaura

AFCI breakers tripping every 7 days

The AT&T settop box, is it hooked to a phone line? Or does your area have bidirection cable hookups (ie cable internet)? I wonder if the box is "phoning home" every 7 days to report any pay per view viewing. (My DishNetwork satellite box has a phone connection that it uses to do just that. After...
  5. scrunchielaura

Thermowell needed with bimetallic thermometer?

When installing a bimetallic thermometer (http://www.teltru.com/images/temp/bimetal.gif) in a copper water supply line, is a brass thermowell (http://www.teltru.com/images/temp/thermowells.gif) needed? All the bimetallic thermometer manufacturer spec sheets say a thermowell is needed for any...
  6. scrunchielaura

Another question re load-bearing wall (w/ pics)

Is that a splice in the bottom plate flush with the right side of the doubled studs? The existing doorway to the left appears to also have one of the short studs. Thus I suspect that there used to be a doorway from your present kitchen into the closet. The doubled studs would have been one...
  7. scrunchielaura

Where can I get a Bradford White gas water heater to install myself?

That "old looking" gas valve, what is it made of? Is it pot metal which is not (any longer?) on the gas plumbing approved materials list in the UPC? Someplace I've also read that valves of that old design should be replaced with a (gas approved) proper ball valve. What type of connection is...
  8. scrunchielaura

Copper Tees marked CFI?

I was thinking Copper Fittings ... International.
  9. scrunchielaura

Copper Tees marked CFI?

I picked up two 1 x 3/4 x 1 copper tees at a small independent plumbing supply store. They are marked "CFI". What brand/manufacturer is this? The quality control on these tees is bad. One is longer than the other and has more pronounced forming ridges than the other. I compared them to a big...
  10. scrunchielaura

Country of origin for pipe and tubing?

When a new piece of pipe isn't marked with a country of origin, can I assume it is USA? I'm referring to full 10, 20, or 21 foot lengths of pipe or tubing. The way I've understood the "country of origin" rules is that domestically produced items don't need to labeled as such, but all imports...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks