Search results

1. ctkeebler

final sub floor over concrete plan (I hope)

Well I am finally putting down the new sub floor in my basement here in Connecticut. After the advice I got here this is the plan: 6mm of ploy over the concrete floor. Then 1/2 inch XPS rigid foam board with 3/4 plywood (probably tongue and grove) on top. Then either power actuated nails...
  2. ctkeebler

Subfloor in basement which is correct

Hello I am remodeling/refinishing my basement in Connecticut. I have a question about putting down a subfloor. What would be the recommended or preferred way? (1) Put 1 inch XPS foam directly on the concrete floor then 3/4 or 5/8 plywood on top and tapcon both the wood and foam to the...
  3. ctkeebler

Side venting of basement bathroom

Hello I live in Connecticut and and am thinking about putting a basement bath room in during a remodel. I cant easily get to the upstairs vent stack. My question is: I was told I could run the vent out the side of the house, but there is height code. Does anybody know how high off of grade...
  4. ctkeebler

Extruded Polystyrene Insulation

In previous posts the advice I was given was to use Extruded Polystyrene Insulation in my basement walls. I see at the big orange box store they have 3/4 -2x8 FOAMULAR Extruded Polystyrene Insulation with an r value 0f 3.8. Can I double this up to give me more insulation and r value or or is...
  5. ctkeebler

vapor barrier basement in Northeast

I am in the process of redoing my basement making it into a livable space. My question is I live in the Northeast, Connecticut, and the basement in below grade. Do I need a vapor barrier between the cement block wall and the sheetrock? I will be using insulation between the wall and sheet...
  6. ctkeebler

Sensco duraspin collalated dry wall gun

How is this for homeowner use in hanging sheet rock? I see its only 99.00 for the corded version seems it would make screwing the nails in easier then having to fumble with the screw and driver. I know the nails are a little more expensive 16.00 for a 1000, but for homeowner and projects I...
  7. ctkeebler

How to determine number of recessed lights

Is there a formula or a electric code to determine how many recessed lights are needed to properly light a room. I'm redoing my basement and want to install recessed lights but dont know how to figure out how many I need so I dont under or over illuminate the place. Thanks
  8. ctkeebler

14.4 volts vs 18 volt for homeowner

I need to purchase a new drill is there a difference between 14.4 and 18 volt cordless drills for general homeowner use? Is there a better brand or is it mainly personal preference. Thanks Tom
  9. ctkeebler

DRICORE subfloor

I am redoing my basement to make it a livable space and was wondering if anybody has used the dricore subfloor system. Its available at lowes as dricore and home depot as subflor. Its a plastic bottom attached to tongue and grove osb. Its comes in a 2 foot by 2 foot square and is supposed to...
  10. ctkeebler

sewerage ejector pump

I am installing a bathroom in a basement, underground. I will need to pump the shower, sink and toilet. I was originally going to use the saniflo systems, but after reading here I see that digging up the floor is the proper way to go. My question is what system makes a better ejector system...
  11. ctkeebler

Jet pump problem

About 2 years ago on Christmas eve my shallow well jet pump burned out. I had no water and the only place open was Home depot and I purchased a flowtec pump becasue I needed water over the holidays. In the past few days I have noticed that the pump seems to run longer than normal and if you...
  12. ctkeebler

Need sump pump and questions

I have been reading information on this website about different sump pumps. I understand that Zoeller is the preferred, but my question is regarding in the M53 and BN53. Can I adjust the float level on both of these models? I think the M53 turns on with 7 inches of water in the basin and turns...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks