Search results

1. E

Monoflow heating system/ Air in system

I am not sure what water logged means. But I have emptied the tank on several occasions with somewhere near 10 gallons of water coming out of the tank. The proper amount of water that is supposed to be in the tank, I don't know.
  2. E

it is a bladderless expansion tank. You know the old style mounted up high in the floor joist and looks like a drum/barrel.
  3. E

I have searched and have not found any leaks. Only one convector lets air out and the rest only let out water now. What is funny about this situation is that today it could sound like a waterfall and then in a couple days its just a couple air bubbles. But the problem is that it will do this in...
  4. E

The circulator is a Taco Model # 007-BF4-JW. The pressure gauge says 20-21 psi. Boiler is about 15-20 years old, based on what I was told when I bought the house. On the boiler sticker it says A-1989 in the bottom corner leading me to believe that was when it was built.
  5. E

By seal I am assuming you are referring to the shaft seal. For what it costs I will just replace it at the same time as adding the air scoop. I guess that answered all my questions, now it is just a matter of putting it together and doing it. Thanks for your time. I will be back once I have the...
  6. E

On which side of the boiler would the air scoop and expansion tank be installed?
  7. E

I installed new gaskets on the circulator pump this year and it has not helped. Other than the bleeder valves on the baseboad units there is no other way to let air out. Given this, should I install a "bleeder valve" in the loop pipe? and if so what is the correct location? Thanks Ed
  8. E

My house has monoflow hot water heat. Since buying the house we have made a couple changes, nothing major to heating system. The problem I have is that I cannot get the air out of the system. I have gotten it to a point that you could not hear any air flowing in the pipes but then a day or two...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks