Search results

1. Themp

Service Panel with ground and neutral on one lug

I have a Square D QO 200 amp service panel that I added a whole house surge protector. In the process of reviewing how to do the installation I came upon the statement that code was changed in 2002 to not allow both the ground and neutral to be connected to the same lug. My panel is completely...
  2. Themp

Flo by Moen

My insurance company is giving a discount on the Flo by Moen and also a discount on my homeowners insurance. Any thoughts on this device in terms of reliability and worth the cost and installation? https://meetflo.com/pages/partner-amica?variant=36765930356900
  3. Themp

Heat Pump and Droop?

Daughter and son-in-law bought a 100 year old house(2000sf) in Richmond, VA. It was flipped. Has no insulation in the walls or floors, they did insulate the attic. Windows replaced on 3 sides and the front windows were not because they are architecturally what makes the house appealing. They...
  4. Themp

Insulating metal square ductwork in the attic.

I live in North Carolina and had my heating/cooling system replaced. It is a 1984 house with a long square metal duct work running the length of the house(60 feet or so) insulated at R4 on the inside. Flexible branch lines were replaced off of this metal duct at R8. The metal duct work was...
  5. Themp

Backdrafting 50 Gallon Gas Rheem Water Heater

I replaced our water heater a year ago with a Rheem conventional water heater. It's vent was shared with a gas 80 percent efficient furnace(electronic ignition), which uses a 8 inch flue chimney. The flue is a fired clay 8 inch tile and is dedicated just for the furnace and water heater. At...
  6. Themp

Had to post this about my city water utility notification

In an effort to provide clearer communication to customers concerning the specific reason for an “interruption of water service”, the Public Utilities Department, Water Distribution Division is revising its notification terminology. Boil Water Advisory Now Referred to as System Pressure...
  7. Themp

Water heater gas line supply

In the process of replacing a gas water heater, and I purchased this Brasscraft gas supply line at Home Depot not looking closely at the packaging: https://www.brasscraft.com/products/gas-supplies/gas-connectors/procoat-gas-connectors-with-excess-flow-valve/ "In the event of a gas line rupture...
  8. Themp

Refrigerator ice maker supply line and metallic taste

Bought a new refrigerator and purchased this supply line from Lowes to connect for the ice maker. There is no water filter on this refrigerator. My old refrigerator had the old style opaque plastic supply line...
  9. Themp

Toilet fails to flush after period of time

Visiting my son and they have 3 American Standard 1.6 gpf Nivel De Agua dated 2/2000 toilets. One of them will not flush after waiting 5 or more minutes. If you add a large cup of water it flushes fine. If you use it, it flushes. Just after sitting for while it fails. 1.6 gallons dumped in...
  10. Themp

Air conditioner coolant supply line to attic

I have a 34 year old Trane air conditioner that needs to be replaced. The coolant line comes into the basement and then runs to the attic through the first and second floor walls. It is a R-22 system. The contractors I had come in want to cut the line in the basement and attic, flush it with a...
  11. Themp

PEX crimp over compression question

I had to replace my PRV which was installed in a new PEX water line from the street. I only needed to make one 3/4 inch PEX crimp connection on one side of the PRV. I re-used the union side nut on the PRV. I purchased the Apollo crimp tool and copper rings from Lowes...
  12. Themp

Winterizing a rain barrel pump?

Have this cheapo pump for a 300 gallon rain barrel, which has to be winterized. I have drained and taken inside and also taken inside with it still primed. In both cases it is locked up in the spring from rust. Once I manually break the rust lock it runs fine, but I have had to replace this...
  13. Themp

Expansion Tank and Water Hammer Arrester

I just saw a post from Terry that showed a water hammer arrester on the refrigerator ice make supply line. I then went and Googled how do these work and saw that there is a piston and spring that compresses air in the cylinder. My question is geared to my son's water heater expansion tank of 3...
  14. Themp

Delta shower facucet in a new tile shower

Installed this in a new tile shower: http://seek.autodesk.com/product/latest/agg/delta/DELTA-Faucet-Company/15560 And every night I dry the shower to keep it spanking new after spending all that money to replace the old one that never was dried and looked terrible. The question is I...
  15. Themp

Irrigaton Leak

I have a three zone system and there is a leak somewhere. Here is what I have done. 1.) From the street shutoff to the backflow valve it is not leaking because I can turn off the flow at the backflow valve and the meter shows no usage. 2.) I dug up the two zone valves that are side by side...
  16. Themp

Delta R10000-UNBXHF Multichoice Universal Shower Only Valve Body

Going to attempt to install this myself after the tile guy does the demo. I looked at the instructions tonight and have these question. Did search the forums first, but had over 200 hits. So, here goes... 1.) There is a metal black filter screen in the brass body. I am confused on what this...
  17. Themp

Delta Shower Valve with Temperature Knob

I am replacing a shower valve with the Delta universal valve body. The current shower when turned on full hot takes around 2 minutes for the hot water to make it to the shower. So, I usually turn the current valve to full hot, putts around till the hot is full in the shower and then regulate...
  18. Themp

Leaking Shower Pan that has now stopped leaking

I posted a month or so ago on a leaking shower pan, 28 years old: http://thehemps.com/gallery/v/Shower/ I decided to re-grout and seal, silicone the corners and bottom to floor edge, and clean the build up of calcium or whatever it was in the drain. This calcium seemed to be from the weep...
  19. Themp

Tile Shower Pan Leak

I have a very slow leak in the shower pan of a tile shower. I noticed a very slight water spot on the ceiling below the shower and when I pushed on it the drywall broke. Here are some pictures of the nice stalactite that has formed over the years. The shower is 28 years old and I really do...
  20. Themp

Rain Barrel pump and pressure switch

I have the following cheapo pump and good pressure switch with a foot valve on a 300 gallon rain barrel. A hose is connected to the pump to water plants and such...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks