Search results

1. helix3

Heat Detector in attic

I’m putting in a 135 deg F heat detector in an attic. The house is in New England and the temps vary greatly. The attic is used for storage and the gable ends are vented. I need some detection device up there. There are no ridge or soffit vents and there is also no ventilation fan. This...
  2. helix3

Certain towns in Massachusetts can require a Licensed Electrician to do work?

I'm working on a sunroom at my mother-in-law's residence on Seekonk, MA and went to pull an electrical permit (with her, in her name as the homeowner) and was told that we needed a licensed electrician for the job. I've worked with friends on their homes as well as my own in various towns in...
  3. helix3

Suggestions for a powered hydronic valve

Have rental property and want to control the outside faucet from a hidden key switch so that I can stop over and easily water the flowers and such and not have to worry about the neighbors filling their pool with my hose. There are hundreds of hydronic valves out there that could work and I was...
  4. helix3

Where to buy proper driven well point?

6 years ago I had a shallow well put in for irrigation. The person who did it was extremely knowledgable and did a great job. He actually drilled down to about 16' before hitting the bedrock and installed a point just above it. My static water level is at about 5-6' right now. I'm not really...
  5. helix3

Issue with competing zones shutting off boiler

Have a situation with a heating system. The Burnham boiler is about 20 years old, tankless, forced hot-water baseboard, oil-fired system. There are three heat zones each with their own thermostat, two circulator pumps and 2 zone valves. When the system was originally installed, there were 2...
  6. helix3

Tempering valve install question

Hi Guys, a question I hope someone can answer. In the pic attached, I circled a valve which WATTS recommends be installed to the cold water feed into the tempering valve. What type of valve should this be? Pressure regulator? Globe? or?? Thanks
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks