Search results

1. Koa

Making Pipe Threads Fit Closer Together?

I'm installing a Grohe Retro Shower System. It uses existing faucet and adds a diverted. It screws into existing shower arm fitting with a brass threaded fitting. Different length nipples are used to adjust length the brass fitting protrudes from wall to be within the small tolerance allowed...
  2. Koa

Toto Tornado Flush Toilet Heights... Only ADA?

It looks like Toto doesn’t make a toilet in standard height with with their Tornado Flush feature. Is that correct? Is there a design reason for that? I was mainly searching their site for one piece toilets, so maybe I missed it.
  3. Koa

TOTO Washlet Repair

Thought I’d start a new thread to make it easier to find if someone is searching for advice repairing a Toto Washlet. Phone number for Toto service is (888) 295-8134 ex 4. I called them about my s350e that would no long raise the seat. Just a clicking sound, obviously something was broken...
  4. Koa

Toto Washlet S350e Auto Open Repair

My washlet will not auto open anymore. I believe the gear or drive mechanism got stripped when a friend went into the bathroom to help his wife who has dementia. Probably sat on the lid or blocked it from opening. I didn’t want to bring it up to him so trying to figure out the cheapest best...
  5. Koa

Another Do You Know Who made This Faucet?

Man, I searched a lot. I thought it might be Grohe since all the original faucets in the condo where this came from were Grohe. This is a bar sink faucet, heavy brass construction. I was going to replace cartridge but it’s a weird rubber sleeve over brass machined rod. Time frame is 1991...
  6. Koa

Would This Melt The Wax Ring...

Repurposed!
  7. Koa

Solid Gold Toilet

Not sure if this has been posted... Guggenheim Museum's 18-carat gold toilet to open to public http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-37370109
  8. Koa

Friend Asked My Advice On Their Shower

My friends had someone install a small corner shower bench about 3-4 years ago when they bought the condo. The condo was built in 1990 and the shower is original. About a year ago I was asked to take a look at the shower bench since it was separating from the wall along the grout line. I...
  9. Koa

Quality Air Gaps?

I've searched and the only air gap that's not made of plastic I could find is this copper one but it still uses a nylon nut. It seems all of the air gaps I've used or seen, the nut will strip out when tightening, bumping or installing hoses. (I do install hoses before installing air gap.)...
  10. Koa

Adding a step to an outdoor pool jacuzzi

To the tile guys: I have a friend that moved to a condo with a pool and separate jacuzzi. The jacuzzi is about 15' diameter. The first step down is 24" and is really not a step but a place to sit. She would like to add a step approx with a rise of 12" and a run of 12" to make getting in and...
  11. Koa

Will this toilet venting work?

I have a toilet rough-in that was done by a plumber when I built the house 35 years ago. I never hooked up a toilet due to building dept not allowing half bath due to a slopping ceiling which never made much sense to me. I've recently decided to install an Ultramax. I notice there wasn't much...
  12. Koa

Grohe Retrofit Shower System

I installed this about a month ago and am impressed with the overall quality and elegant design. It's fairly easy to install and IMO worth the extra money over the cheap ones sold in box stores. It's an easy upgrade without having to install new valves behind tile. Its constructed from heavy...
  13. Koa

Bath lav vent and drain question

Is it acceptable to run a 2 foot T from a vent pipe to my single bathroom sink drain? I have a 1 1/2" vent pipe in the wall about 2 feet from my sink. I have double wall below the countertop but single wall above it so I can't run any venting above sink. The vertical vent pipe is in a double...
  14. Koa

Which slot in flange to use?

Given a choice which slot do you prefer to use in the flange. This is a non-swiveling all ABS (I know some perfer the metal ring ones) that is not glued in yet. One slot is through diameter to outside the other runs parallel to circumference. I notice that the brass toilet bolts are free to...
  15. Koa

Attaching ABS flange to tiled concrete floor

What kind of fastener do you guys prefer to use to screw down the ABS flange (which isn't glued in yet) to a concrete floor covered with tile? It is all plastic, no metal ring. Thanks.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks