Search results

1. mrjetskey

5600 not drawing brine Quick question

Was spot on, will add another hint, don't just replace all seals, replace valve also. Seal replacement cured brine draw however it also caused valve to start leaking around stem. So replace valve body and seals at same time for best results.
  2. mrjetskey

5600 not drawing brine Quick question

Howdy! My name is Marvin. I have an older manual electric 5600. I replaced medium about 5 yrs ago has been working great. However now no brine draw, I went thru screen, venturi ,salt line etc. all good. I did find a couple of loose rubber seals around main piston. Is it possible with these being...
  3. mrjetskey

Problem tub drain removal

Dang that was quick!Thank you so very much between this forum and the tile your world forums ,I have been able to completely redo our 1989 home a room at a time ,saving over 85 to 100,000.00 dollars in labor.My thanks once again for your help>Marvin
  4. mrjetskey

Tile floor slopes and toilet rocks on flange

After retiling any bathroom I always set the toilet on top of tile,with the tiles cut leaving a 1/2" around the flange,I then seal all the tiles and floor if it is wood with a good layer of silicone,If needed I use an extender ring,But by setting toilet on top of tile you can level it perfect,by...
  5. mrjetskey

Moen - hot & cold reversed

I know on our bath faucets moen single handle pull out for on,if you take handle off and turn the stem 180 degrees with pliers then put handle back on and the water is correct.In ours the stop for hot and cold is in the actual plastic knob,the cartridge doesnt matter,as long as its in and seated...
  6. mrjetskey

Problem tub drain removal

I am rebuilding our guest bath.Wife wants tub changed out before I build new shower.Heres the problem ,when I went to unscrew drain from drain pipe,all four of the little cross bars sheared off,it has been in 19yrs.I had no trouble changing my wifes drain(brass) in the upstairs tub.Does anyone...
  7. mrjetskey

Perpetual Drain Problem

I have just run into the same problem,we replaced the washing machine which was a 16 year old kenmore with a new whirlpool ,we never had drain problems with the old machine,a week after installing the new one I noticed the drywall was damp,I had the drain inspected ,cleaned and scoped.No problem...
  8. mrjetskey

Endless debris from water heater

Yes and by the way has anyone else noticed how much the cartridges have increased in price?I just bought 2 of the moen genuine and paid 26.00 each for them seems like they were only 12.00 or so at retail just a year or two back!
  9. mrjetskey

Water hammer mystery / crisis

You said you had moved the pipes.I would bet that one of them is loose and jumping when you close the valve quickly.See if you can make some shims or wedges up and place them where the pipes go thru the framing.I was replacing some sheetrock in our ceiling and got to witness the banging first...
  10. mrjetskey

Flood damage

Just because some of the people from NO.were acting horrible doesnt make the whole population bad.But it does hurt everyone who was affected ,who wants to help someone who is cursing our country and shooting at relief workers?
  11. mrjetskey

tankless heater for very small house

My father now lives alone in a 1100 ' home with one bathtub.He has a small 20 or so gallon electric hot water heater.under the kitchen cabinet ,it way more than suffices for the bathtub and dishwater.plus you can fill the tub fast.very cost efficent for 1 person. JMHO. ps.I owned a tankless...
  12. mrjetskey

PVC Pipe Leak

One thing you might try if you cant replace the pipe,or at least the fitting.Take them apart and clean and then sand both the inside of the 90 and the outside of the pipe.Then put a liberal amount of pvc primer on the pipe and then use pvc cmt. not contact cmt or glue.and put the glue on the...
  13. mrjetskey

water draining out of toilet

If you buy something with a credit card and it is faulty the person or buisness selling it has to make it right.the credit card companys don't advertise this,but since I had a buisness and I have actually read through all the reasons you as a buisness can be charged back ,#1 is you have to...
  14. mrjetskey

Tankless Booster for Tank? - Help

My tankless electric had a total of a 1 1/2 gallon tank split into four connected compartments,with each compartment containing one 5500 watt element.there was no restriction to the electric the water flowed into section one was heated then into 2 etc.each element would kick in if it was...
  15. mrjetskey

Tankless Booster for Tank? - Help

I had one of the tankless electric hot water heaters about 12 years ago.<when it worked right it was great> but there are 3 things to consider, 1) it had 4 5500 watt elements,pulling as much as 2 electric hot water heaters 2)it had double heavy gauge wires going to it ,I have 200 amp service...
  16. mrjetskey

PVC Pipe broken in wall at "T" connector

I have had to re-use pvc fittings before,especially on a drain there is no pressure,but if you really want to get the inside connector smooth.You can use a 1" drum sanding roller on a dremel or if you dont own a dremel you can buy a drum sanding attachment for electric drill.It is a round shaped...
  17. mrjetskey

HOT water in the toilet

If you can get underneath,IE crawlspace,Would it be easier just to run a short cold line from an accessable pipe.I know chances are you cant get tile to match,and all the other items that can come in the way.Perhaps you will be able to find a close by coldwater line.OR for A really crazy idea...
  18. mrjetskey

Problem with toilet paper? Toilet Paper Poll

Increase the kids intake of fiber that should help immensely!!! PS. you left out my favorite brand flushable cottonelle wet wipes!!!!!
  19. mrjetskey

New Water Heater, low pressure

Its possible that when the old heater was broken pieces of calcium and other minerals could have found there way into your water line then get caught at the outlet especially if you have the single handle units that use cartridges.I found 3 of ours plugged after our water company installed new...
  20. mrjetskey

Justforcopper..

Hey guys we all glue pvc pipe,and it holds,ok I know it softens the pipe and fitting making it one if done correctly,but even done correctly you can cut a pvc collar and take it off of the pipe it was on so in a way it is just glued!!I think the glued copper would be great if you had to place a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks