Search results

1. antonyupward

Viessmann Vitodens 100 B1KA - Config: DHW Pump Run-on Time

Thanks @fitter30 - yes as mentioned in the OP I have the Installation and Service Manual... and I have a technical specifications document and the complete parts list. The Installation and Service Manual does provide instructions on how to set several of the CONFig and SERVice parameters - for...
  2. antonyupward

Viessmann Vitodens 100 B1KA - Config: DHW Pump Run-on Time

Hi, Hoping someone on the forum knows more about the technical CONFIguration and SERVice menu options for the Viessmann Vitodens 100 B1KA than appears in the "Installation and Service Instructions". I am looking to see if its possible to adjust the primary circulating pump (the one internal...
  3. antonyupward

Floor Mounted Hydronic Expansion Tank 4.5 or 6Gal - Do They Exist?

Yes I think this is the conclusions I'm coming to too! Thank-you for your input. Appreciated.
  4. antonyupward

You mean like one of these "Sasonco Valve Stem Extension 90 Degree Air Tire Angled Schrader Valve" :-) LOL You don't even have to take the tank valve out if understand right. Would need something a little different from the one I found in 90seconds... 90 angle with no valve + 7-8" straight...
  5. antonyupward

Thanks Wayne... you are correct in terms of the situation When you say "Flexcon 18" - do you know of one that is 18" long (the ones I've found are all 275mm / 10.83")? If there is an 18" version, or even 15" that would definitely solve the problem.... If I've misunderstood (likely)... I guess...
  6. antonyupward

NTI 200 Replacement Options

Hi, I have an NTI T200 combi boiler/tankless DHW - installed in 2003. This for a 2 adult household. Loads are basement underfloor (approx 500 sq ft), one small radiator/towel rack, and a 120,000 BTU air handler (vents in all parts of the house - total 2000 sq ft). The house is older, but...
  7. antonyupward

NTI T200 - Anyone Have Replacement Parts Availability - Long Shot

Hi, I have a NTI Trinity T200 Combi boiler installed 2003 and maintained consistently since then. I've been happy with its performance and economy, although I have also had a fair number of (relatively minor) issues with it - but I'm told these are "normal" (pump failure, igniters failing...
  8. antonyupward

Tankless Recirculation - Redux

"Overheating" The Heat Exchanger That's a great point... but my understanding is that the boiler's controller is smart enough to stop firing if the boiler water temperature (i.e. the input to the DHW Heat exchanger" is likely to exceed the design maximum. Hence it seems the heat exchanger...
  9. antonyupward

Selecting Domestic Hot Water Recirc Pump - Tankless - no dedicated return line

Well I can now report I've solved this problem and got it working... see this post Success
  10. antonyupward

Hi, I wrote the orignal post in this thread... and finally I'm please to report success. I now have hot water at the faucets without a dedicated return line using a tankless heater. I've haven't changed my configuration from my original to my knowledge - so I don't know why it wasn't working...
  11. antonyupward

No, I am not concerned about the warranty - the unit is more than 5 years old now anyhow. But I can't open my walls to put in a dedicated recirc line, and I don't have power under the furthest sink - so the Lang ACT-909 and Chillipepper solutions won't work for me. I did talk to Laing...
  12. antonyupward

Impact of Water + Gas Use vs. Purchase and Install of Pump If you can let me know how you did the calculation to reach that conclusion I'd be interested: Option 1: Running water for 3 minutes for each shower, dishwasher run, etc. etc. - plus the gas usage with the on-demand boiler firing...
  13. antonyupward

Hi, Looking for a little help selecting a pump to drive domestic hot water recirculation in my home (I am the home owner). I have a tankless hot water heater and no-dedicated return line. I don't have power available under the furthest two sinks! As far as I can tell none of the systems...
  14. antonyupward

This is very helpful... Do you have a specific pump (make, model) in mind? Thanks
  15. antonyupward

Thanks for your response...very helpful... Its good to hear the ACT909 does work if you install it close to the tankless rather than under the furthest sink.. a few follow-up questions... 1. Did you use the Grundfos Comfort Valves under the furthest sink and use the cold line as the...
  16. antonyupward

Thanks for your detailed response / thinking...much appreciated... The flow switch on the tankless closes a normally open input to the tankless controller. I can trigger the controller to see a DHW demand when the pump turns on via timer or a switch. I already have this part working. When...
  17. antonyupward

This is very helpful...confirms what I had suspected... but wasn't certain... Any reason why the following wouldn't work: 1. a more powerful pump (like the Laing [24ft head and 8 GPM]), mounted in the DHW line next to the tankless, 2. a relay to cause the tankless to fire when the pump...
  18. antonyupward

Thanks...that is a *VERY* good point. I actually have two comfort system valves installed...so I'm going to try and remove one of the two comfort system valves and see if it works. I had thought that my two long loops (to the upstairs bath and kitchen) were "separate"...and so I thought it...
  19. antonyupward

More Ideas on Retrofit Tankless Recirculation Symptom is no hotwater at the faucet after pump and tankless has been operating for 10 mins. I can hear the pump turning, and I can see the tankless firing... but no hot water ever makes it to the faucet. Not sure I would expect to see the...
  20. antonyupward

I'll definitely double check for cross-overs, but I'm pretty certain I don't have any...thanks for the thought. Given the pump has to be able to be "on" while the "comfort valves" are closed until the timer turns the pump off, can you recommend how I can find a more powerful pump which won't...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks