Search results

1. Fidodie

Winterize Ant-sweat valve

Hi All, My Dad is a snowbird - NY/FL - in the winter, the NY house is shut down - in the summer, the toilet sweats to the point there is a puddle! After a couple years of threatening, I will install an anti-sweat valve - it occured to me that it has check valves to prevent the comingling of...
  2. Fidodie

Hangers ??

Hi All - What are the requirement for hangers on the horizontal in this situation - about 48" of PVC and 62" between the hangers on the CI. The wood blocks attached to the wall maintain the gap behind the pipe. as you can see, i like the color purple, and the neat streaks it makes when...
  3. Fidodie

Could be good...could be bad

Hi all, working on some last supply side items to get ready for rough plumbing and i have two ways to go - situation: it is a laundry and bath group on a first floor, full basement underneath Choices: there are places i can tie into existing copper inside the wall - which means...
  4. Fidodie

Testing this new Drain

I'm splicing a new clothes washer drain into my main stack - the stack is is 3" copper. The stud may need to be notched depending on the solution here. I may also swap the valve/drain position for more clearance. anyway, our inspector requires 10lbs of air, or 15' of head as a test - this...
  5. Fidodie

vent size - i know you all love these

This was going to be so easy - slide a 2" vent up through a gap between a door frame (jack stud), and the perpendicular closet wall. drilled up, and found that the 2" pipe would not fit in the gap - just a hair too big - I have other options, but they mess with my plans for an A/C vent, and...
  6. Fidodie

Ipc 2003 handbook - bath group/wet vent

I'm staring at a picture of a horizontal wet vent figures 9.13 & 9.14 in the 2003 intl plumbing code book - here is a link - i'm 95% sure that is what we uses as of last year sometime. this example is a back-to-back bath group (terminology check?) with a single vent - it looks wet, and it...
  7. Fidodie

PVC Spliced into Cast

This just occured to me - i'm planning on adding a bath group, and will have a vertical 3" pvc into a 4x4x3 combo on its back joining 4" cast - i was going to go with two hubless/banded couplings to splice this into the horizontal run. perhaps relevant info: there is a 2nd story bath (on...
  8. Fidodie

Simple one - Banded Couplers inside Wall ?

I searched around, but didn't get a direct answer in the forums... Is it code compliant to put a banded coupler inside a wall without an inspection panel? I need to increase a drain from 1.5" to 2" for a washing machine. My plan was to insert PVC into a 3" copper main stack. I'm putting a...
  9. Fidodie

What software is this?

What plumbing visualization software is this? What software did 'orbea1' use to create this? I pm'd last week, but didn't hear back...did some google searches also, no luck. https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18195 thanks!
  10. Fidodie

Back-to-Back Sinks

Here is one that is perplexing me a bit. I am moving a full bath and laundry room to prepare for a kitchen expansion - the Laundry room will share a wall with the bath, and will have kitchen height cabinets w/drop in sink - this sink will be back-to-back with the lav. if i use a back-to-back...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks