Search results

1. jparrie

Need to boost pressure

Does this hold true for the temp mixing valve as well? Being that each head is controlled by a single volume control valve I don't think that they are the problem. However, all volume control valves are downstream from a single temp mixing valve.
  2. jparrie

Need to boost pressure

Thanks hj Moen 3600 valves, one for each head are 3/4" in/out. fed through a moen 3371 exect temp mixing valve 3/4" in/out. I doubt the valves are the problem. Perhaps the mixing valve is not up to feeding three heads. I guess the way to tell would be to put a pressure guage on a hose bib...
  3. jparrie

Need to boost pressure

I have a shower setup with multiple heads. I can run any two heads ok, but when I open the third, the pressure drops to an unaceptable level. The piping is all new 3/4" copper, and the supply from the street is 1-1/4" copper. There is no restriction anywhere, other than a short piece of 3/4"...
  4. jparrie

Flickering lights

I just finished wiring my new home from the ground up. I am having issues with lamps flickering at times very minor, other times more severe. I define minor as a half a second or less in duration, severe as one to two seconds of dimming. I had a licensed electrician come and check my work before...
  5. jparrie

Moving back in..

We have been living in temporary housing while doing a major remodel on our home. To be fair, it is more new construction than it is remodel. The time is drawing near to get back into the home. The permit has small print decaring that occupancy before final inspection is illeagal, or...
  6. jparrie

Phantom voltage

Thanks for the excellent reccomendation. I picked up a 1AC-A1-II and it is exactly what I was looking for. No false reports, and is discriminating enough to pickup the hot side of a lamp zip cord and ignore the neutral side. Very nice!
  7. jparrie

Phantom voltage

While poking around with a digital volt/ohm meter looking for the hot conductor in a three way switch circuit, I noticed a reading of 38 volts on the red conductor. I get the same reading at either end of the conductor, and this is being done with both switches removed from the circuit. As soon...
  8. jparrie

Box make up

I have an inspector complaining about my box make up, I would like a second, third fouth, etc opinion. He wants no more than a quarter inch of sheathing left on the romex after the cable enters the box. Most of mine have about an inch of sheathing. I can't believe that he is calling me on...
  9. jparrie

Wire size question

If I have a circuit with 14 guage wire and a 15 amp breaker, can I tee off or extend that circuit using 12 guage wire? It seems that as long as the breaker is sized at 15 amps, the smallest wire size (14) would be adequately protected, and the 12 would be over protected. Of course that's just...
  10. jparrie

New Service Panel Question

I'm not familar with those, who makes them?
  11. jparrie

Thanks! Can you point me to a source for this connector rating information?
  12. jparrie

I'm installing a new 200A Service panel while remodeling. This unit has 42 slots, but there is no way that there are enough knockouts for even half that many cicuits. Does the NEC alow doubling or even tippling up on the nm romex through each knockout opening? Secure them all to framing within...
  13. jparrie

Conflicting info, RG 6 & ROMEX®

Imagine a nail being driven thru both cables. Don't think you want 120vac running thru your RG6. Seperate them.
  14. jparrie

Gas h2o heater sizing, new installation

Climate is mild, no frezzing issues, summer temps rarely exceed 95 degrees. The possibility of a leak has me concerned as well. I'm not in the trade, so my experience with leaky water heaters has been limited to my own and those of family and friends. I have never seen anything more than a...
  15. jparrie

All good feedback, exactly what I was looking for. Thanks guys! I have my architect looking into the weight issue. MP Mark, do you happen to know the height dimension of the Rheem tank you're talking about?
  16. jparrie

We are doing a complete rebuild on our home, and I'm looking for advice on what to use for water heating. The plans call for a Tankless unit in the attic, but after much research, I'm not sold on tankless. The final straw against tankless is I have better things to do than flush out the water...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks