Search results

1. Arky217

Toto Drake, what a joke !

I researched toilets for quite a while, using this site and others and from that research, concluded that the Toto Drake toilet was the one I wanted. So yesterday, I went to a Toto dealer and purchased a Toto Drake toilet. Today, I unpacked the toilet to install it. WOW, UNBELIEVEABLE ...
  2. Arky217

Septic Tank Tee's

Four questions on septic tank tees. My newly installed concrete septic tank is 56" tall overall; it does not have any interior walls or baffles. The top and bottom are 4" thick. The inside height from floor to ceiling is 48". The bottom of the 4" inlet hole is 41" from the floor. The...
  3. Arky217

Dole flow control valves

The driller that drilled my well said the output was approximately 5 gpm. ( Well is 115' in a 6" casing, static level at 57') I'm planning to put in a Dole flow control valve before the pressure tank tee to prevent the pump from pumping more flow than the well's rated output. My water...
  4. Arky217

Generators and well pumps

I have a Honda eu2000i generator. It is rated 2000 watts surge/1600 watts continuous or 16.6 amps surge/13.3 amps continuous. I have started and run a number of electric motors with it; motors that would seem to be too much of a load for it. For example: It starts and runs a 15 amp (FLA)...
  5. Arky217

Protecting submersible pump from lightning transients

My well has a pvc casing, the pump will be a 2 wire. Typically, the ground wire from the pump would be connected to the grounding bar in the service panel. Well, my service panel ground runs to a 8' driven ground rod about 6' feet away from the house, however, since the location is on a...
  6. Arky217

Well water iron content

I've read on several sites that 0.3 mg/liter or more disolved iron content will cause significant staining problem in sinks and commodes, and in the clothes washer. I just had a well drilled and the iron tested 0.023 mg/liter. Even though this is about 1/12 of the 0.3 mg/liter, could...
  7. Arky217

Check valve location

The submersible pump that I plan on using has a built in check valve. The pump will be 100' deep; static water level at 50'. I was planning on adding an additional check valve at the input to the pressure tank, but I'm now wondering if I should put it instead right on the output of the...
  8. Arky217

Generator size for submersible pump

What's the minimum size generator (surge watts/continuous watts) that I would need to start and run a 1/2 hp, 240 volt, 4 amp (FLA) submersible pump ? I'm looking at the Harbor Freight 4000 watt surge/3200 watt continuous model and was wondering if it would do the job. Thanks, Arky
  9. Arky217

10gpm or 7gpm pump ?

New well; recovery rate, according to driller, is 5gpm. 115' deep, 50' static water level. Going with a Gould 1/2hp, 230V, 2 wire submersible pump. Pump will hang 100' deep; 60' from well to pressure tank at house. 1st pump: Gould 10GS05422C, 10gpm, recommended range 3-16gpm...
  10. Arky217

Red Lion submersible pumps

Available locally are Red Lion submersible pumps; they have the Franklin motor. Is this an ok pump or is it more of a lesser quality pump ? What is one of the best 2 wire, 1/2 hp pumps that use the Franklin motor ? Arky
  11. Arky217

Well-X-Trol worth the price ?

I can buy a 44 gal Amtrol Well-X-Trol tank for $429. Amtrol also makes the Water Worker brand; I can buy a 44 gal Water Worker for $229. Being that both are made by the same company, is the Well-X-Trol really worth the extra $200 ? Water Worker warranty = 5 years, Well-X-Trol = 7 years; but...
  12. Arky217

Grounding a submersible pump

Just had a well drilled with a PVC casing; for lightning protection, driller said to tap into the ground wire at the well head and run the tap to a driven ground rod near the well head. In other words, the ground wire from the service panel is to go to a driven ground rod located near the...
  13. Arky217

pex condensation concern

I'm running pex water lines within an indoor baseboard chase. I'll be insulating the hot lines with foam tubing to retain heat, but was wondering if I should also put foam tubing on the cold lines to prevent any condensation. The chase, being open where the lines enter/exit, will allow room...
  14. Arky217

Toilet Drain

Which of these is the best configuration for a toilet drain ? Going to assume that C is incorrect because of no immediate vent pipe; that leaves A or B. Which one would be the best configuration ? Thanks, Arky
  15. Arky217

One more time, please

Thanks to everyone who commented on my previous posts about my proposed plumbing. I have redrawn the plumbing and changed a number of things, so I thought it might be best to ask for new comments in a new post. Hopefully, I have everything close to kosher this time and would really appreciate...
  16. Arky217

Please critique this plumbing arrangement

This is my proposed arrangement for the plumbing of my retirement house. The outside walls are finished; no plumbing will be within them. Also, I don't want to go through the metal roof, hence the venting out the gable end. Although I'm in an area not subject to code, I would appreciate a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks