Search results

1. dmaceld

Cleaning off mineral deposits

It's been over a year and no responses so thought I would see if I can revive this question.
  2. dmaceld

Cleaning off mineral deposits

About a 1 1/2 years ago I installed a Nuvo water softener. I seems to be working pretty good. My home hard water test kit showed a hardness less than 2, but mineral deposits were still forming on the shower fixtures and in the toilet. Hence the decision to go with the Nuvo rather than the usual...
  3. dmaceld

Toilet flange above or level with floor

The Toto Drake is a mediocre toilet???? The flange is an ordinary Nibco or Mueller ABS flange. The seal is a Fernco wax free. All stuff one could expect to work together nicely, but doesn't.
  4. dmaceld

Well, it's been a few months and the bathrooms are done, along with all the house, and we are moved in! My experience with the toilet installations was pretty much dead on with the response above. I put the ABS flanges on top of, and tight to, the finished floor. I installed Toto Drake ADA...
  5. dmaceld

I find several comments in this forum where the authors say a toilet flange should be on top of the finished floor. There are also a couple of posts where in that case the poster had problems with rocking toilets due to insufficient space between the flange and toilet bottom. I have a copy of...
  6. dmaceld

Soft or Hard water

The plumbing code for the State of Idaho was changed last spring to require the installation of a water softener loop (softener not mandated), plus hard cold water, soft cold water, and soft hot water lines to the kitchen sink. I asked a local plumbing supply house guy what plumbers were doing...
  7. dmaceld

Oetiker crimp tool

Anyone have experience with the Oetiker ratchet crimp ring tool and the Oetiker stainless steel crimp rings? As a DIY building my own house it looks like a good way to go, especially since it's one tool for four sizes. One local supply house has Oetiker available for about $150. Half again as...
  8. dmaceld

PEX manifold noise

I'm planning on putting a PEX manifold for bathroom & utility room water supply in the wall of the utility room. The manifold will be 3/4" main line and 1/2" branch lines. The wall is common with a hallway that is part of the master bedroom. Am I asking for noise problems by doing this? If so...
  9. dmaceld

Kohler Leighton

I'm resurrecting this thread because I have the same question today. Anyone have any first hand knowledge about the Kohler Leighton?
  10. dmaceld

wirsbo expander fittings or shark bite

What about Quick Clamp? I think the tool and clamps come from Watts, but they are branded by Zurn and whoever else. Look to me like a pretty good way. Advantages of crimp with an easy to install format using stainless steel clamps. One tool does 3/8" to 1" pipe. Tool is about $80 for no name on...
  11. dmaceld

Cleanout for sink drain

I can't find a clear cut answer for this, and the plumbing inspector won't be available until Tuesday. If I put a cleanout in the drain line for a lavatory in the vertical pipe just above the san tee for the P trap, is that the only CO I need in that line? I can't find UPC references or...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks