Search results

1. L

ticking pvc pipe from gas furnace

There is a table in the furnace installation manual that will tell you the maximum length allowed for your vent. It is based on the pipe size 2.5, 3, 4 etc. plus the number of elbows in the vent piping not including the termination elbow. I would check there first. Also, does the pipe slope...
  2. L

Friction loss - how important is it? Please help!

A) Pressure loss in the duct due to turbulence, balancing assures that the CFM requirement of a space is met...the air is balanced for the space neither too much nor too little only that which is required to condition the space -Get a ductulator! -Measure each section separately -Consider...
  3. L

insulation for attic stair unit?

Try this site: http://www.batticdoor.com/atticstairinsulator.html I think they have what you're looking for.
  4. L

fault codes for heating system

I believe Centurion is made by York. So you should be able to get another manual from a York distributor. The pressure switch is located in the cabinet usually near the induced draft motor. You will find at least 1 flexible (rubber) hose (it looks like automotive vacuum hose) connected to...
  5. L

radiator spitting steam and water?

Oops you're right I mis-stated about the hartford loop, you are correct. The old systems without a hartford loop usually had a check valve, which may have been upgraded to a condesate or feed pump. However, it is that the vent is blocked open by debris in your system that causes it to spit, not...
  6. L

radiator spitting steam and water?

A hartford loop is used to get condesate back into the boiler. A condensate or boiler feed pump are usually subsituted for a hartford loop. Anyway if you can't see the water level in your gauge glass your boiler is dirty and needs cleaned. Most likely your entire system needs flushed, radiator...
  7. L

DIY HVAC Ducting?

Go down to the HVAC supply house and get some duct sealer (a.k.a. pooky) and a couple of paint brushes. Then paint the duct sealer on every joint, including start collars, in the duct work, let it dry, and then insulate. Use duct wrap, or duct board to insulate the duct work, and seal the seams...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks