Search results

1. plumbtired

Toto Drake issues

Thanks for your suggestions, Gary Swart. I even went into my original comments and did some editing to answer/clarify some of your suggestions. We watched our plumber, who is a good experienced one, do the work on the leaking Drake and he did as you have outlined per seating the toilet. The...
  2. plumbtired

Toto Drake issues

Because of this great forum, my spouse and I purchased two (elongated bowls) Toto Drakes, ADA, in the fall of 2008. We love the performance of these toilets but we are dismayed that we might have received seconds. We bought them from a large and "reliable" Portland, OR plumbing supply company...
  3. plumbtired

OH my...it's toilet seat dilemma time!

Thanks, Gary Swart, for your input. I'm not worried about the cost. The darned Kohler Rutledges ran around $46 apiece so a $50 Toto seat isn't an issue. I just want a seat that stays put but has that nice quiet-close feature.
  4. plumbtired

OH my...it's toilet seat dilemma time!

Through this great forum, I learned about Toto toilets. I bought two Drakes and haven't looked back since (two years ago)...thanks, forum members (and Terry!). Now I am totally frazzled over the RIGHT toilet seat for these great toilets. I started out with a couple of (elongated to fit the...
  5. plumbtired

Gas Furnace Fan Trips Breaker

Seems to be fixed now The Furnace Dude showed up Tuesday (the 8th) and immediately discovered the problem...actually there were two. The flame sensor was dirty, as well as one burner's sensor. After cleaning them, he re-installed them, telling us all is fine now (no more warning lights...
  6. plumbtired

Thanks for all your responses, forum members. To BurleyMike: I'm talking about my electrical panel's circuit breaker for "furnace" (as labeled)...it has tripped twice. I'm visualizing $$$ in repairs! The furnace dude is due here tomorrow (Tuesday, Dec. 8) so I'll get the "good" news...
  7. plumbtired

Thanks, Peter Griffin, for your informative reply. I was afraid of that...figured it might be a fan motor issue.
  8. plumbtired

I have a Rheem 90% efficiency gas furnace that has just started acting up. I've had this scenario happen twice in the past four days: The furnace comes on in the morning for the first heating cycle per my programmable thermostat = all is well. A half hour later, for the second heating cycle...
  9. plumbtired

Bathfitter, Anyone ever use Bathfitter?

Yeow! To Lat in Edmonton::eek: That is simply horrid tale about a Bathfitter franchise...and I STRONGLY suggest you contact Bathfitter's corporate office (I assume it is also the correct contact point for Canadian customers) about this at: Toll-free: 1-800-892-2847 or via email...
  10. plumbtired

A review of Toto toilets and Terry Love’s Plumbing and Remodel

Another "atta boy" for Terry Love and company... I live over 200 miles south of Terry Love's business so I have to deal with the "locals." However, because of this terrific Terry Love web forum site, I have been able to not only evaluate my past and current, as well as potential, problems with...
  11. plumbtired

Short Flush Toto

Not sure if you posted this for "rubenhome" or me, so I'll respond anyway... I have two of the "standard" Drakes, the 1.6 gallon flush (model is CST744SL). I'm starting to get more used to their idiosyncrasies but I still am puzzled about the "short flush" that doesn't want to take the "whole...
  12. plumbtired

Short Flush Toto

New Toto Drakes, puzzling flush procedure... I just installed two new Toto Drakes and have discovered the flush cycle to be puzzling. If I pull the handle down, then promptly release (as one would normally do when flushing a toilet), I get a nice LITTLE flush...but it doesn't take the solid...
  13. plumbtired

Toto Drake shortage?

Over three weeks ago we decided to throw in the sponge on the two AS Champion toilets we have been fighting the past three years. We headed out to purchase two Toto Drakes from a local Toto-franchised dealer, deciding upon the ADA Toto Drake CST744SL model. We were told all of the Toto Drakes...
  14. plumbtired

American Standard Champion toilet Review and comments. Rated #1 by Consumer Reports

Woes with the new and "improved" flapper-style flush valve Yes, maddog, the problems I am currently having are with the new style (flapper style) replacement flush valve on my two Champion toilets. Like I stated, and you agreed, less than four months in SOFT water (Portland, OR area where we...
  15. plumbtired

American Standard Champion toilet Review and comments. Rated #1 by Consumer Reports

Oh, No!!! I, too, posted (in Feb. and March) very positive results on this Champion toilet (have two of them) after receiving such great customer service from American Standard per the replacement flush valve assembly (replacement of the faulty tower/piston flush valve). Everything WAS (notice...
  16. plumbtired

I'm blue!

Another thread with the same subject: toilet tank chemicals Check out the Champion Review thread for more on this same topic of toilet tank chemicals...
  17. plumbtired

Another chemist reports "argh" for toilet tank chemicals I am also a chemist (see thread, "I'm Blue," for another chemist's comments on toilet tank chemicals). Why people buy that tank treatment "crap" off the shelves of the stores, I'll never understand. I guess it's the ole case of: "if...
  18. plumbtired

Very Strange condensation on side of toilet

A quality control issue, for certain: been there, done that As Terry stated, it's a quality control issue. Improper/incomplete glazing of the bowl's porcelain will allow water to seep through the ceramic, in time, and create a nice little pool of water at the base of the toilet. I had that...
  19. plumbtired

Champion installation question

OK, OK, the Champion is the "worse toilet" out there, but... As you have noticed, there are many respondents who detest the Champion toilet, much less anything manufactured by American Standard. Some of that animosity is deserved but, like you, I found the Champion to be extremely...
  20. plumbtired

American Standard toilet with large trapway ???

Champion's new-and-improved flapper-style flush valve As the subject title indicates, American Standard has recognized its problems with the Champion (cylinder) piston-style flush valve enough that they replace that piston-style flush valve assembly with a free, new-and-improved flapper-style...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks