Search results

1. Bill MD

Solar Attic Fan

I need to replace my attic fan. Recently I've heard of solar powered attic fans. Seems to me that installing one may be a good idea. I know that a solar fan will save electricity but costs more than fans that require external power. Anyone have any thoughts as to the pros and cons of solar...
  2. Bill MD

Heat Pump Pressure

I have a Ducane Model HP12B36 heat pump. Can anyone tell me what the high and low side pressures should be? Thanks
  3. Bill MD

Replacement Sump Pump

I need to replace another sump pump. This one I'm thinking of replacing it with the Basement Watchdog Big Dog. See the following link for info. http://www.basementwatchdog.com/basement_watchdog_bigdog.htm The main reason I want to do this is because I would like to have battery backup...
  4. Bill MD

Failed Water Heater

My GE gas water heater started to leak from the bottom. This surprised me since this heater has a 12 year warranty and it is only 4 years old. When I was taking it out so that I could replace it I noticed that the check valves for the hot and cold water lines were reversed. Could these valves...
  5. Bill MD

Failed Water Heater

Sorry, I put this in the wrong forum. I moved my post to the proper place.
  6. Bill MD

Best Sump Pump

I need to replace a submersible sump pump. I know I need to check the GPM of the old pump and get one with similar capacity. But I'm wondering what brand, model, etc. would be best. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks
  7. Bill MD

Water Heater and Vacation

I'm Wondering what to do about my natural gas hot water heater when I go on vacation this winter. I' thinking about turning the dial to vacation so that it will not use much gas and the water will stay a bit warm so that it will not freeze if the heat goes off. Also, I plan to turn off the water...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks