Search results

1. Mikept

Pipes banging at night for hours

I dont think it has a booster the water pressure has always been on the high side. It has a recirculator pump. I can always feel a tiny bit of vibration and noise in the hot pipes but this is strong pulsing.
  2. Mikept

Pipes banging at night for hours

At first I thought my neighbor had an exercise machine against the wall but the banging was lasting for many hours in the middle of the night and then noticed I can feel the kicking in the hot shut off valve handle every 3/4 of a second in the basement. Turning off either hot or cold valve makes...
  3. Mikept

Basement sink vent

I'm finally going to fix that abs washer standpipe in the basement at my parents house. Its in a cleanout, 1.5" and on the wrong side of stack. I know to clamp cast iron before snapping and I want to fix with pvc . I`m also planning for a utility sink in the future and not sure the best way to...
  4. Mikept

Floodchek washing machine hoses. (Still in business?)

http://www.mercury-plastics.com/washingmachine.html This pex hose looks more professional and is black so i dont think uv is a problem
  5. Mikept

yeah i thought of that after. I asked the seller and he said that the hoses have an approximate 45 deg angle on one end and the hose can be twisted along it's length to accomodate an oddly positioned hookup. I dont see the 45 deg angle on the hose end?, a 45 would help, a 90deg fitting could...
  6. Mikept

Why dont they make pex washing machine hoses? Wouldn't that be cheaper and last forever?
  7. Mikept

Which adapters do you recommend? I wouldnt want to get a good hose and have the adapter go.
  8. Mikept

Leaky diverter valve reccesed 3"

I have a three seperate handle shower. The middle valve, the diverter isnt completely diverting to the shower so alot of water comes out of the tub at the same time. I removed the philips screw and pulled the handle off which was stuck on pretty good. The stem slightly protrudes out a silver...
  9. Mikept

Generator .... any good?

What about those battery UPS (untinterupted power supply). Those are fairly cheap and woudl give you minutes to use you computer before having to turn on the generator and could protect your computer from voltage issues or spikes. Alot of computers arent that sensitive and have ranges from 90v...
  10. Mikept

Can you sweat???

Printed circuit boards are made from epoxy. The solder used melts at lower temperature than the boards and i'm not sure that epoxies would melt so much as char.
  11. Mikept

redoing dryer 220

I see what you mean, inspectors would usually be better at catching violations since its their job to do,even though they original inspector didnt catch the small violations when this place was built. This thread should have ended a several days ago...
  12. Mikept

Is kester 60/40 solder ok to use

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lead_acetate#Historical_use The romans didnt have sweet and low they used lead as a synthetic sweetener.
  13. Mikept

redoing dryer 220

12 years,(bob), 20+ years(tenant) and 40+years,(lic electrician) for $1000 Alex. What is, how long the violations have been here! There hasnt been a fire yet, Im not in a rush to fix this stuff yesterday afternoon. I want to learn exactly what is wrong with the wiring for my own curiosity. Also...
  14. Mikept

Wiring above ground

If theres asphalt, concrete, stone or steps, in the way digging the trench is even less fun.
  15. Mikept

redoing dryer 220

I have another question. The original electricians attached the main aluminum ground wire to a lug screwed to the bottom of the box and twisted all teh small copper wires together and inserted into one big lug clamp screwed to the box further up. The al range doesnt have a ground. Did or does...
  16. Mikept

Wire Nuts

Back when i was a freshman in votech high school i did 3 days in electrical and the instructor tought us to pretwist but i' don think i've ever seen an electrician on a job do a pretwist .
  17. Mikept

redoing dryer 220

I believe it does violate the tap rule as well because of the exposed romex not being that protected. The present tap'ed wire is 3/7 the ampacity of the main breaker and only 6" long. If i wasnt living here, picking out code violations might be alot more of a fun thing to do.
  18. Mikept

redoing dryer 220

So if i owned this and it was a condominium instead, would the wireing be the worse violation then?
  19. Mikept

redoing dryer 220

Why am i not surprised? Oh yea i remember why. I was much younger but i remember him working on the panel and there was a big pop and i saw sparks fly throught the air. I told bob that i thought there was a shutoff breaker outside near the meters and asked him if he wanted me to go out and turn...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks